Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Ideas for mudholes in my backfield!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1976Blazer76, Mar 5, 2007.

1. 1976Blazer76

1976Blazer76 1/2 ton status

My back field has got some awesome ruts, it's a great place to just go muddin. My dad wants to rent a tractor and make some holes, ruts, etc....But he said he won't get it until I have a plan on what I want to do. Would pics help out? Anyone have any ideas on what to do to have some fun?

Matt

2. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

personally.. a classic mud pit.. thats just a wideish strip thats deep is cool.. but i think a whole like bowl area that u can coem into the pit in any direction, change it up.

3. UPS

UPS 1/2 ton status

I would build a mud run course, not just a straight mud run.
    Put some corners in it and maybe build two lanes if you have room.
    Some deep holes and some shallow ones also, so everyone can play.

Mike

4. 1976Blazer76

Good suggestions, both I haven't thought about, but both I like. Anyone else got any ideas?

5. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

If you want to do a course, i say lay it out with caution tape or something, get everything good and wet, and go tear it up with your buddies. It will get progressively deeper as you play in it.....and then you can break out the tractors and do what work is needed. I woudl think you could tear it up wiht a good set of tires instead at first....

6. AFUFO

AFUFO 1/2 ton status

Boooo tractors!
    Just bog it out to the extent of your trucks capabillity =D "If you got the nuts, follow my ruts"

7. merace19

merace19 1/2 ton status

Easy way to do it is to invite as many 4x4s over and have at it.

8. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

this way you will have the most fun. the ruts will evolve the way they should. someone will find a soft spot and everyone will continually tear it up.

9. merace19

merace19 1/2 ton status

Yeap. Just whisper it to 1 person that you have a spot to wheel and the law will not mess with them and you will be an instant hit. I got a 8 acre field that was to be plowed so I did not care if it had a few ruts. I invited a few buddies with 4x4s. The field is 940 feet long . We had about 4 full on drag runs dug into it. A cherokee with 31s had a good chance with a guy with a fullsize and 40's cause each would stay in there lane. good fun. Also had a course that went around the whole thing. I had a blast in my 84 bronco2 untill I twisted my transmissions main shaft. It got bad rutted and would almost flip you in the corners. I did that almost 10 years ago and still have people ask if I would let them do it again in the field.

10. 85mudbogger

85mudbogger 1/2 ton status

TIP=if your ground is real hard, like the hard pan around here in southern missouri, just use a ripper and soak the s**t outta the ground, the ripper will allow the water to penetrate deeper and create the soft spots and the holes will develop alot faster, ill take some pics of our mudhole this afternoon and post it up for you, it has shallow and deep end like a swimming pool, ill c if i can get a vid up too, a little diggin will help if you would like some deep holes right off the bat and rip it then put about half the dirt back in and rest water, make it about a foot of mud and 35s will be sank lol

11. 85mudbogger

100_0818.jpg
    there u go made with a backhoe and went about 12 inches down in the far end and about 4ft in the near end then used a ripper so theres about 6 to 8 inches of mud in the far end and about 2 1/2 to 3 in the near and everytime we play it just gets deeper and deeper lol

100_0818.jpg

12. Chrisblazzer89

Chrisblazzer89 1/2 ton status

Now we need a pic of a truck in it.

13. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

oh i like where this is going!

14. vortec

vortec 1/2 ton status

so, he should invite a bunch of guys to play around in the mudhole in his backfield? does that sound really disturbing to anyone else?:haha:

ok, i'll act my age now. how about building up some burms around it so you can really get the mud deep, or even jump the truck into the mud. i did that accidentally the other day (yeah, midnight mudding is a great idea) and it was awesome.

15. 1976Blazer76

Thanks for the input and pics....I'm gonna try to shoot some pics this weekend to see what I'm working with.:D

16. 85mudbogger

well i guess i can throw my truck together real fast and go hit it sat lol. i have to put my t case in and some gas cuz it ran out messin with the carb. ohhh have to fix some lugs on the front too sheeot almost forgot that wouldnt be good, i have a vid of it a while back when the hole first got dug and some 42 tsls were buried in it.

17. Chrisblazzer89

Chrisblazzer89 1/2 ton status

Post then up.

18. broncoman6524

broncoman6524 1/2 ton status

i wish i could do this...:( LOL. i did this smae hing in my lake edge....with a lawn mower. :haha: (before license). wass GREAT until i got caught. LOL

good idea you got goin thouhg...rent one of them big ass pumps adn put it in alake or something...then just spray/soak the **** outa the ground...itll make itselft

19. 1976Blazer76

We allready have a runoff from the mountains in there pretty much. My blazer did have a 6" lift and 35's and I got stuck up to my doors....water is not a problem!:haha:

20. AFUFO

AFUFO 1/2 ton status

Glad im not the only one.. i took the bladecage off my mower when i was 14 and went mud bogging in my neighbors field..lol.. got some pretty deep ruts made too once got stuck when it was swampy 100 feet in and had to lay boards down accross it all.. would always come back with mud all over me and the mower

lol..anyone else?