Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need info on 1976-91 Blazer/Jimmy Fasttrac (3 window style)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Z3PR, Mar 28, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Anyone have a picture of the 3 window style fasttrac soft-top on a K5 ??? I'm intrested in getting one for my K5 befor the summer is over. How do they hold up for year round use ??? I'm thinking once it goes on, the hard top will go behind the shed permittly !!!!

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Re: 1976-91 Blazer/Jimmy Fasttrac (3 window style)

Any information on the FASTTRAC 3 window style ???

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

Re: 1976-91 Blazer/Jimmy Fasttrac (3 window style)

i dunno about the top..but when you take your shell of make sure you store it right...or else it could get warped or rotted..

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Still looking for pics of the 3 window style fasttrac top. Would like to see pics with sides up and sides down. I know how the 5 window looks, but haven't seen the 3 window style yet.

5. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

Grim-Reaper's soft top is the 3 window style... I wouldn't think the 76-up tops would look much different.

6. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I know you are asking about the 3 window, but I have the 5 window Kayline model. I have kept mine installed since the writeup in the product reviews. It has been through several winters and summers. I did notice when it is somewhat cold, you will not want to remove the side windows. They are a real biotch to re-install. Expecially where the zipper has to round a 90 degree corner.

The only noticeable "wear" on my top has been where the side rail mounting plastic meets the fabric. I am starting to get some small rips in the seaming strip. These are not a problem, but just noticed them this year. Another minor thing is, I lasily let the "rain gutter" take its own shape. Meaning, it sagged in some places and now lets some rain inside at times. I could combat this problem by using some velcro tape along a few spots on the rain gutter - to hold it in place.

Not much else. This top has been worth the money. I can take pics of the problem areas if you want. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I have heard they will sell the top like you said, without the quarter windows. I called STC and asked if I could purchase just the fabric for this style top. They are more than willing to accomodate. My early Kayline style rails and bows will work with this design.

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

interesting what you said about them being willing to sell you just the fabric part.... wonder if they would sell me just the frame? lol!

j