Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need info. on 86-89

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RADMAN, Dec 13, 2000.

1. RADMAN

RADMAN Registered Member

I've got a 89'Jimmy and I need to know if there is any difference in body and rear bumper styles between the 86 and the 89. The reason I ask is Kayline has a spare and can carrier, but they say it fits through 86. If there is no difference between the body styles, it should fit. The cost is $218.00. If anybody knows for sure, let me know.
    Thanks Everyone.

TAKE HER TOP OFF, AND ROLL HER IN THE MUD!!!!
    89'JIMMY

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I believe they are all the same. At least when I help my friend work on his Dads '90, everthing seems to be the same as my '82.....(body/mount wise)

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

3. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

here's the thing. we have a bastard year, due to GM revamping the truck line in 87, and then updating the blazer line in 92.
    the body stays basically the same until the weenie tahoe. everything for the 86 should bolt right up to your rig.
    i have an 89 blazer, and i've purchased several items from summit, jc whitney and the like, and it has all fit.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>