Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NEED INFO ON SPRING RATES

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fwc, Oct 3, 2004.

1. fwc

fwc Registered Member Premium Member

Anyone know the spring rates for the stock springs on a 91 Blazer? Front 2 leaf, Front 3 leaf, Rear 5 leaf? Thanks!

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I haven't found a link yet to some stock ones . But the stock replacements I found at JC whitney are :

Leaf Spring - Front, with 2 Leaves 1850 lbs. Capacity
    Leaf Spring - Front, with heavy duty leaves 2250 lbs. capacity
    (approx. 52" long) Leaf Spring - Rear, with 6 Leaves, 1875 lbs. Capacity
    Leaf Spring - Rear, with 7 Leaves, 2850 lbs. Capacity
    4WD (approx. 52" Long) Leaf Spring - Rear, with 7 Leaves, 2850 lbs. Capacity

I have no idea on how close to stock these are . I am looking for a list of stock rates today in my slower times /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. fwc

Thanks for the info. I am most intrested in how the stock springs fit into the window of replacement lift springs. I would like something close to the stock rate, maybe a bit higher. Anyone have some input?

4. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

are you wanting to lift your truck at all?? I would just get some 2" lift springs /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. pauly383

[ QUOTE ]
    Thanks for the info. I am most intrested in how the stock springs fit into the window of replacement lift springs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well looking at prices , stock replacements , and lift springs , cost about the same when purchased as springs only .

And looking at ride quality and load capacity . The supposedly stiff ( people must want Caddillac's LOL ) Pro Comp and Rough Country springs , ride just like the stock springs ( which I like ) /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. fwc

2in lift but DO NOT want soft or bouncy springs, truck is 90% daily driver.

7. pauly383

You are going to get a little bounce , even stock , I think it is our wheelbase , like when you hit a bump and it rocks front to rear just a bit . If you want to go 2 inches , any companies springs will be fine . You will like the ride if you are already happy with your current truck /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

8. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

I know you said 2" lift, but I posted a p/n a while back for a Rancho 4" spring that has something like 9 leaves. They ride really nice in my SBC powered Sub. You could always take out a couple leaves to get the lower ride height you want. Start with the shorter leaves.