Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need info quick!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by lifted95z71, Apr 30, 2003.

1. lifted95z71

lifted95z71 1/2 ton status

ok i have a 95 z71 that im doing a solid axle conversion on. the front is all finished up but im stuck on the rear. the rear im using is a dana 60 out of a dodge van and everything is all set up but i cant figure out what to do about the ujoint. the stock chevy u joint is too narrow for the 1410(?) yoke on the 60. i cant afford to buy a new driveshaft so i was wondering about a conversion joint. a friend of mine with a ramcharger used a ram charger t-case u joint that was longer one way than the other. so one part fit her dana 60 and one part fit ther stock dodge driveshaft. is there anything like that that i can do for chevys? my u joint now fits a 10 bolt. im sure some of you have replaced a 10 bolt with a dana 60 so what joint did you use. remember i cant afford too much. thanks

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Go to Napa and get joint #447. That's a 1330-1350 combo joint. Run you maybe about $20-25.

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Go to Napa and get joint #447. That's a 1330-1350 combo joint

[/ QUOTE ] if that don't work then you will need a chevy dana 60 yoke /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif