Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need input for decision

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Sammy, Mar 10, 2001.

1. Sammy

Sammy 1/2 ton status

I'm offered a 12-bolt read axle for an amazing low price. BUT. Will that last with 35x14.5x15 tires? Or will it break like my 10-bolter? How much stronger is it?

"K5 Grand GT Silverado in the Netherlands."

2. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

Re: Need input for dicision

what kind of wheeling do you do?? that is what you need to ask yourself,,i don't get into any rock crawling around here so i just built my 12 bolt to be bomb proof,,it's locked and totally redone,,new axles and gear's...if your gonna be abusing it a lot you might just want to go for the 14 bolt,,,i've abused a couple 10 bolt before that seemed to last forever when they shoulda just died..really it is just a preference thing to me,,i like the 12 bolt's,,but if i break this one "which i doubt" i'll be swapping in the 14 bolt...good luck

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. Sammy

Sammy 1/2 ton status

the worst conditions I find myself in is loose ground. Hills, mountains. I will never do any rock crawling or mud racing. I sometimes go on a trip with (And forgive me for this) a couple of CJ5's and CJ7's. I sort of am the spare part and supply carrier. If I'd look at the pics I see of what you do, I will not even do half of it. Thouhg I will put in an ARB air-locker.

4. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

heep's !!!! oh say it ain't so[​IMG] anyway you should never encounter any problem's with a 12 bolt if that's all you do,,it should work very nicely then..

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. Sammy

Sammy 1/2 ton status

Is it what you would call, "plug and play?"