Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Job in RACING or vehicle modification field

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by milspecjimmy, Jan 31, 2003.

1. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

i need a job in the racing industry, its im my brain and my blood, its my dream, any one know a good way to get started?

2. evilandangry

evilandangry 1/2 ton status

I know of a little shop in standish or hollis ????? called r&d racing, they build stock cars ect. They should be gearing up for the season soon. I will talk to a guy on the night shift here who knows them personaly, let you know monday.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Step 1: Move somewhere other than Maine. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font color>

4. Stroked72Blazer

Stroked72Blazer 1/2 ton status

Hot Rod University. I think its in detroit or somewhere around there.

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

youre in nascar school ? where at ? in ME ? thats got to be awesome, you have pretyt much same dream as me, but im in wrong place also.,,.

i was gonna be in wyotech at this time right now currently, was enrolled and everything, but tuition kills and so do layoffs.. !

im gonna keep an eye on this thread !

R

6. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

The Hot Rod U is available at just about any UTI school and they've got a nascar place in North Carolina /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    anyone know a good way to get started?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, do something about it... now!
    It's not going to "just fall in your lap".
    I know one guy that was "lucky" and landed a job as the engine guy for drag-raceing team located here in Ut. It's the real-deal, not bracket raceing on the local tracks, but one step bellow the big-dawgs of drag raceing. They are in the pits with John Force, W.J. and the likes. I would say that is as close to Profesional Drag Raceing as a guy could get.

But "Luck" has nothing to do with it, Luck is when preperation and skill meets opritunity.
    This guy (I'm proud to know, I might add) worked his butt off, studied hard and set his sitghts high.
    He started working at a local dealership, went to school, and constenly grew. Currently, he is one of top 10 automoitve techs in the region and THE number-one tech in this state (certified by G.M.). Un-belivible amount of hard work and preperation. (I swear this guy doesn't ever sleep)
    He also built the fastest steet car in Ut, and has a trophy to prove it. A high 8-seccond/Low 9s "pro-street" tubed, big-block, nitros injected '67 camaro that he drives (occasianly) some' 20 miles to work.

The point is,
    Get started now, get a job in the automotive field,
    I would try a dealership and take every training cource they have to offer, go to school and get involved.

Mr. Stephan Watson might have some pointers too..
    Come to think of it, there's 'prolly a pile of guys, right here on this web-site that are brushing elbos with some of the greatest.

8. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

ehhh, I didn't mean for that to spound as dorky as it does... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Point still remains tho'

9. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Need Job in RACING or vehicle modification field

[/ QUOTE ]

me too when do we start?