Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need K5 Build opinions

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NOblazer, Oct 18, 2001.

1. NOblazer

NOblazer Registered Member

I have a 72 w/ a 400 cu, Holley Heads,Edelbrock Carb, Annihlator Dist, and Flow Master pipes. Hard top is Single wall and in Good shape, New STC soft top on it now.
    Dana 60 front, 12 bolt rear 3.08 gears. 15in factory rims from a new models chevy, 33x 15 mud terrains. Paint is bright Royal Blue, Good shape. Body is 99% rust free. Interior is orginal, but new mastercraft seats are showing up next week. Four point Custom roll bar installed last week. My question is what to do next. I am a pavement pounder mostly, but i do go offroad at my camps quite often. Here in Louisiana it mud and mud only. So I want to change out gears, but to a 3.73 max. New carpet is on the horizon and a new stereo system. It runs great, but I want to fix a few items and beef up the drive train. I always want my stuff to be bomb proof so I may start looking for a 14ff and switch gears in the front and rear, add disk brakes to the back.
    I need to organize my build up plans and any ideas would be greatly appriciated. Thanks

2. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

Sounds like your headed in the right direction already, with the upgrades. Maybe some lift? Depends on how deep the mud is I guess.

God bless those who in the name of freedom and justice, have, and will make the ultimate sacrafice! These words are in your honor.