Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need lift laws from someone who actually lives in...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MudNurI, Mar 3, 2003.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

these places- I found these laws- but Vermont was off- so I need to know if these are correct.

CT- bumper height of 30"
    DE- bumper height of 30" frame height of 22"
    GA- bumper height of 22" frame height of 27" (that cant be right?)
    MD- bumper height of 28"
    NY- frame height of 30"
    PA- SUV headlight- 48" from top of light

just curious if I should expect to get nailed in any of these states on my way to Tellico.....
    Here in Vermont- if you dont drive like an idiot- they dont pull you over for height laws- BUT being with a VT plate- driving south- I'd expect they'd be more likely to pull me over...

Brandy

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I'd be pretty surprised if you get busted out-of-state for non compliance....

The fact that the lift laws are all different means that you can't be legal in EVERY state anyway. My belief is that you are responsible for complying with the laws in the state in which the vehicle is registered....NOT in each state where it drives!!!

That's not to say under the right conditions, the local "men in blue" won't hassle you.....but it sure seems bogus to try to enforce local laws on an out-of-state vehicle. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

3. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

that's what I was thinking- if it passes inspection here, it shouldnt matter what the laws are anywhere else..my inspection runs out in May- I think I'll reinspect it before Tellico- just to have a "new sticker" in the window- instead of one waiting to expire.

thanks Greg

Brandy

4. Chris87K5

Chris87K5 1/2 ton status

I doubt you will get pulled over in PA. I've never seen nor heard of anybody getting pulled over for being too tall (around here anyway).