Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need locally if possible...

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by nau81blazer, Dec 13, 2006.

1. nau81blazer

nau81blazer 1/2 ton status

Hey guys,

I let a bad ujoint go too long and it chewed through the slip yoke on my 208. Thus, I need a new one. It would be really great to get one local if any of you guys have one or could point me in the right direction to get one.

Also, I am looking for a stock quadrajet that is in good shape so I can just slap it on and go. Do any of you have one? Thanks for all of your help guys!!!

--Adam

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I have a whole shaft . I may be able to part with . I collected so many I still have 3 spares .

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I have a spare shaft that you can have. The ujoints are not in the shaft so you would have to install some joints. The ujoints weren't super tight when I pulled them out so I wouldn't depend on the shaft forever but it would work for awhile. It is yours if you need it. I should be in Matt's garage. If you need the shaft get ahold of him & figure out how to get it. You can take the slipyoke only or you can have the whole thing, your choice.

Harley

4. nau81blazer

nau81blazer 1/2 ton status

Thanks to both of you for the responses and help. Just to make sure a couple of things. Paul, the slip yoke you have is for an external type snap ring, right? That's what I need. I ended up throwing a driveshaft about 2 years ago, so the shaft that I have is still pretty new. Thanks for the offer though on the complete setup Harley. Paul, I pm'd you. Thanks again fellas.

--Adam

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

The driveshaft I have is split up with no ujoints so if you want just the slipyoke it is seperated from the shaft & you are welcome to it or both pieces like I mentioned.

Harley

6. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I would assume both Harleys and the ones I have are all external clips s44/3r joint slip yokes . We both have 80's 208 trucks .