Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need measurements of 4" lift fr spring

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Liberator, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Liberator

Liberator 1/2 ton status

Need measurements of 4\" lift fr spring

My 4" front springs are sagging and have been for a long time now! Since my K-5 will be running soon I like to fix it's ground-gazing problem. Jeff Deaver at Deaver Spring in Santa Ana CA can fix the problem. However, I need to know how much they're sagging. The rear springs have an add-a-leaf and have always sat a little higher than the front so I can't just level the truck. I need the distance between the top of the u-bolt plate or axle tube to the frame, stock bump stop or some other reference point. Whatever measurement is easier for you! Any spring other than Tuff Country Easy Rides is fine. I have EZ rides right now and don't want Tuff Country measurements because of my loss of faith in them.
    Any help is greatly appreciated!

Bo

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Re: Need measurements of 4\" lift fr spring

Top of the U-bolt plate to the top edge of the bumpstop bracket...drivers side 8.5", Passenger side 8.25". Rancho extra stiff 4" springs. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Hopefully that gets you started...

Rene

3. Liberator

Liberator 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the help! I'll measure mine as soon as I get home from work. I may just have my rear end too high with those add-a-leafs! If that's the case I'll have Deaver Spring make a custom set of springs.

Thanks again.

Bo

4. Rockjunkies

Rockjunkies 1/2 ton status

Perhaps you could jack the front of the truck up from the frame or bumper until it is level or the desired height is achieved, and then take the measurements that you need. It should work unless your springs are so stiff that it picks up the axle off the ground.

5. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure the top of the u-bolt plate would be a good measuring point as different front lift kits have a different number of leaves and the measurement could be as much as an inch off. Different axles and their different perch heights could make for an erronious reading too if measured from the axle.

I too have the Rancho stiff as a brick but not the HD front springs but on a Dana 60. The axle swap alone gave me 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch. Anyone ever yank a leaf from these packs to soften them up?

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I'll have to go out and measure off the axle tube then. I think I'm going to try mixing and matching some of my old leafs from my rear 52" pack with one or two from the Rancho 4" pack. See if I can't come up with something a little nicer riding and flexier. I'll definitely use the 52" main leaf and move the front mount forwards...

Rene

7. i_4x4

i_4x4 1/2 ton status

Their was a thread a couple of months ago on this. I think it was in ORD's section. On average ride heights, being measured from top of axle tube to the bottom of the bump stop bracket. I think 10.5" to 12.5" was average measurements for a 4" lift. Mine is 12". Hopefully this will help.
    Later Ed