Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need more body bushing parts ASAP

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by 79Stomper, Jan 24, 2007.

1. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I need parts of the body bushings off of a K5 or pickup. I have the cup and bushing for the upper portion of the body mount. What I need is the Donut ring that mounts on the underside of the frame. I don't need the big washer just the rubber grommet. I thought I could modify the extra cup bushing to make them work but they lack the steel support in them and are a little too large for the bottom washer. I have one so I need 5 more. I will post a pic later as I am having technical difficulty with this stupid software......

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

They should be the same off of a Suburban right? I'm parting out an '85 'burb and cutting the body off this week. I can have them ready to go by next Monday.

3. 79Stomper

They should be the same for the Burban as well as a pickup. Here are some pics I just took of the one I have. Just met me know what the trouble is worth and I will get it headed your way.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

why reuse old rubbers. i would get polly kit and be done with it for ever. all that work and might need it in a few years again. but thats me. if he dont comethrew i got some also. i would need to dig them up.

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

As quoted above, don't reuse rubbers, get urethane mounts. They will last longer.

I have a bunch of the steel washers/cups/thingies for the mounts to sit on and fasten to. Let me know how many you need and what year of rig you have.

6. 79Stomper

If he doesn't come through I will let you know.

Reason I am not going with the poly body mounts is this is a real tight budget build. Not that I am cheap or anything but I have to date a little under 500 in the whole truck. I don't want it to be a money pit, hence re-using the old ones I can dig up from other trucks. After a year or 2 of hard wheeling it, I really see it turning into the buggy route anyways.