Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need motivation for the roadster..

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by supersize75k5, May 31, 2005.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

Seems I have all but forgotten about my little hot rod project, I started a new business so I have been putting every thing time and $$ wise into that instead.

well now that I have a welder "a real one!" with gas I guess I can get moving on the metal work, I think for now I may just get it together and driving and in primer, I also decided to hell with body work, I am just going to order some quality front sheet metal and save my self the aggrivation :laugh:

I notice I loose alot of motivation when you get zero play time with a project, I just need to go wrap out the big block and burn off some tires...

the sound of a big block and open headers always does the trick :D

[​IMG]

the truck is currently in a garage at my apartment complex, so I cant work on it, so to get things going I am moving it to a shop and getting this thing driving this summer!

who else has the needs motivation blues?

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I think it's because you're spending a lot of your time hanging out with "hotties"....:grin:

I'm feeling the blues right now too. I still don't have my shop set up and the stuff I am about to start is going to really need a well-setup shop to make it enjoyable.

I enjoy the build "process" as much as the wheeling.... but if I don't have a good environment for building, I don't want to do anything. :crazy:

3. JIMs70K25

JIMs70K25 1/2 ton status

It's easy to get distracted, I finishing up a big distraction myself, it's taking me about 9 weeks to convert my attached garage into a room/bath/laundry room. The end is near though. My garage looks like a bomb hit it. Can't do anything, 6" springs on the floor, 350 on an engine stand, eaton rear w/ detroit on the floor, all needs to be finished and installed. Can't forget the 10 yards of concrete that needs to be poured for my driveway. And to top it off, the carb on my 71 took a dump on me literally, damn thing is dumping gas. Can't forget the wood/trim for my 8' stepside bed is sitting on the garage floor. Where to begin. Hang in there I'm sure you'll find the motivation.

4. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

go to a car show

or better yet a ck5 event. lot's of rigs, lot's of stories, take it easy one thing at a time brakes, engine, tranny, drive train, suspension, cab, front end, etc etc. I am currently putting my 71 blazer back together. i wish i knew where i left all my stuff. can't find half of it. sometimes i just sit back and watcher. i recently got it repainted and all i do sometimes is admire the color. it's a dark blue by the way.

ARQ.

5. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

I could use a little flame under my but
    I have a motor to put in my 83, and need to do some more work on the 72 to get it ready for the bbc :D

6. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Well I got to drive/wheel my 454 fer the first time and YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
    I will never buy another engine unless it is a 454 SWEEETT. No more small blocks for this guy. You will LOVE IT!!!!
    BBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBC...you know you want to drive a BBC!!!!
    Get-eR-Done :D

7. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

dern, after reading that I'm motivated..........

Thanks Burt :woot: :woot: :woot:

8. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

goin the dark side of the big block club...bwahahahaha

I got the 75 going, so now I am feeling more motivated, just seems like it is real easy to fall off the wrenching bandwagon if you take too long of a brake from it,

I can say that I enjoyed a brake from working on trucks all the time, hell my social life sure did get fun :D

now..back to the projects, get-r-done

:saweet:

been too long since I have enjoyed a healthy big block, I need to punish some rubber :waytogo: :woot:

9. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Shawn , bring me 4 inch springs , you can have the small cap dual point to sit behind your tunnel ram ..... with blingin' chrome coil :xmas: