Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need motor rebuilt? need some advise

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by purple76pearl, Feb 15, 2003.

1. purple76pearl

purple76pearl 1/2 ton status

ok the blazer is starting to come togeather, got the new tranny, fly wheel, radiator, tranny cooler, and in the next couple weekends ill have the axles under with with the 4:11 gears but the motor is dying fast and dying hard, i dont really want to go wild with it, here is what i had in mind, tell me if its a good idea
    i was gonan pull motor, clean it up, hone it out, run stock size pistons, over sized rings, new everything, but not bore it or anything, mild rv cam or somethign along them lines, steal crack, new bearings and so on, headers new intake and keep my q-jet? only reason im doing that is because my friend said he would do it for 700 bucks, then id have to buy headers and intake with the 350/230(getting ready to intall my m/mconversion) and 4:11 would that be all i need or should i go more with the motor, its a stock 76 block with 4 bolt main, i need someitng i can run 75 or80 on highway, and when i go up hill around town, not loose speed im looking for gainig, lol any suggestions, or does anyone around missour build motors and would want to get with me on maybe building one for me? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif