Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need new body & have questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by antisleepman, Jan 8, 2007.

1. antisleepman

antisleepman Registered Member

Ok, so I picked up a 79 K5 that looks like it spent all but the last year of it's life in Colorado. The way I see it, it'd be far easier and possibly cheaper to just replace the whole body rather than buy all new sheet metal. So the question I have is, what bodies will fit my chassis? I've looked through some other threads and found some people say that after, I think, 82 the body mounts are different. Anbody know???????

2. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

all the mount locations changed over the years. what front end do you want to run? that will made a little difference. to see the body mount changes just pick up a lmc blazer catalog. @lmctruck.com or if you got the cash you can put a fiberglass body on.

3. antisleepman

antisleepman Registered Member

i have an lmc sittin around somewhere, just haven't looked for it. I think i may have found the perfet donor. It's an 80 Jimmy. It can't get no better than that. Well, if it were a 79 it could.