Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need new front clip, help???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 86badass, Jan 5, 2002.

1. 86badass

86badass Registered Member

i just had some chic in a 98 explorer hit me broad side in my fender(driver side). it bent the frame a little and destroyed my front end. my question is how much would a new clip cost for an 86 jimmy, and will my truck ever ride nice again after the reframing of my truck.

i just put a brand new tranny+rear driveshaft+t-case, and she hit 8 ft away from the shop exit.

i drive:

1986 Jimmy 4X4
    brown and tan
    new 350 engine
    no rust
    31 inch tires
    re-wired taillights (myself)

i have bad vibrations!!!!!

2. bigk

bigk 1/2 ton status

rustfreeparts.com This is a company in Fairfax Iowa. I realize that's a good little ways from you, but it's the only answer I've got. They have complete bodies for K5's, Burbs, trucks, etc. They get high mileage bodies from the south, so the mechanicals are shot, but the metal is good. You might want to give them a try.

Karl
    Temporarily Unemployed Underwear Model
    87 3/4 ton

3. blazentank

blazentank 1/2 ton status

I paid 750 for mine. i got one of a 91 gmc suburban to replace my smashed 86 front end. my frame was bent pretty bad after being hit head on by a mini van doing 50 it rides a little different than before but i thing the leaf spring is messed up take a look at the pictures of my blazer.

www.community.webshots.com/user/blazentank

"When you say i drive a fullsize are you calling my wife fat."
    J/K i was bored and made that up i don't even have wife i'am only 17.

4. FastEddy

FastEddy 1/2 ton status

If you want to go with the 89-91 quad headlight (silverado) front clip I have everything you need...just took it off a 90 suburban....have pics....email if interested....ED