Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need new places to wheel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Silver84k5, Apr 27, 2003.

1. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

Since browns camp is gonna turn into a summer time wheelin area for me. Im curious about other areas, Prefferably trails, and not mud bogs. And somewhat close, Anyone know of some eastern oregon rocks? what do you guys got down by Eugene? Anything in southwest washington? thx for any input ;P

2. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

If you wanna make the trip to ellensburg ill show you some good trails. Im like 15 minutes from the top of Shoestring. Definately challenging

3. Silver84k5

how far is that from portland? i cant really make a road trip until i can use a Flatbed to tow my blazer...

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

not trying to hijack a post or anything... but does anyone know of any good wheelin spots out by the gorge? I have been out there a couple of times for site visits and it just seems like there has to be some good places to go...

it'd be nice to know of some in SW WA too... that way I wouldnt have to drive tooooo far. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

j

5. Silver84k5

i remember reading in a magazine about a crawling competion in the gorge somewhere, maybe farther east then the gorge itself. cant remember whether it was washington or oregon.

6. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

That rock crawl comp. was actually down by Mattawa. It was sweet, but it got shut down from what I understand the land owners getting greedy and wanting more $$ than the organization was willing to pay...but it was cool the couple years they had it.
    At George your not too far away from the dunes by Moses Lake... or your about 30-40 minutes from Eburg where White-Rhyno and I hit the Shoestring just out of town.
    We are like 3 hrs or so from Portland.

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Power line roads in Washougal... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Silver84k5

whats up with the powerline roads? anything hard?

9. Silver84k5

thx for the info, I thought shoestring was part of naches.... I want to check that out, 3 hrs aint too bad,

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Looks like some stuff, you'd think would be cool, I wouldn't try most of it but I don't wheel...

11. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Allan from Hood River has a club out there - he was a CK5 member till he sold his K5 and went Toy - needed to for the gas, starving college student thing - he says there are tons of places between Hood River and the base of Mt. Hood. I'll email him if I can find his addy........Shane74 I think knows of some places too - might be what Fumes is talking about. St. Helens mud run people (Rebelrockin - cool lady by the way /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif) have a place on their property to wheel but think it costs a few bucks. Hmmm, that's about all for now..........though Shannon has a couple of places up on Mt. Hood the back way by Estacada that he found when up hunting.
    /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

12. cornfed

cornfed 1/2 ton status

The power line roads are what we call Cedar Swamp, go about 8 - 10 miles east of Washougal on hwy 14. Thers some pretty fun stuff, trails, deeep mud and rocks.

13. Silver84k5

schweet....

14. Silver84k5

thx frank.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Well, the Shoestring actually runs between the Naches and the Manastash.

16. bigbadburb

bigbadburb 1/2 ton status

well i was gonna say it but cornfed beat me too it of course the last time i was there we went together and did a little snow sledding,jumping,breaking,fixing,wheeling,muddn,rockn,and just plain out fun with our "jalopys" according to a couple guys with like 500 dollar samurais

17. Silver84k5

lol. obviously they didnt take the time to look at the Parts that were on your "Jalopies"

hey brian can you make your own tie rods? and can you taper steering arms? If you dont see this, then ill ask ya when i talk to you, Hopefully you are around tonight, i need to buy that steering arm asap ;P.

18. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

If im thinking right there should be alot of trail down in the gorge.

19. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Frank - Yeah, I know of some decent places up on Hood. I am not sure if it's open any more, but I used to go up to Point Defiance quite a bit. There are lots of off shoot trails along the way, even a HUGE mud area too. You can spend days up there and not see everything.

Josh - I am making tie rods for D44 and D60's right now (before I have to return the tooling). $65 for the threaded piece. PM me if you're interested.

20. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Yeah, they're fun. We'll have to get a group together and take them up soon. I need to actually be home and put my truck together first. It drives, but it's kind of hard to wheel w/out a front driveshaft. I need to install it along with my part time kit, hubs, steering stabilizer, new front/rear springs, etc. etc. etc.....No rest for the weary /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif