Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need NP208 or NP205 that was mated to a 700R4

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by PhoenixZorn, May 1, 2006.

1. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

I'm buying a Suburban that needs a new T-Case. It currently has a NP208 mated to a 700R4, and I'd like to keep the transmission. I will be quite happy with a used (WORKING) NP208 and would be happier still if I could find a NP205 that has been mated to a 700R4 for a future doubler addition. I can do shipping if you have a shipper, we have a dock here at the shop, but I would prefer to pick up whatever I find because it will save me money. If you are in Wisconsin or Northern Illinois, I can pick it up, otherwise, I'll have to settle for shipping.

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

don't have any 208s im willing to part with (yet), but just so you know, even if you find a np205 that was mated to a 700r4, its not necessarily gonna fit yours. the different is in the tranny not the tcase, either with a different output shaft or a 1.75" spacer between the tranny and the adapter. one that is off a th350 will fit the 700r4 with the above.

3. Jimbo*

Jimbo* 1/2 ton status

Wish you were closer, could hook you up either way; and yes, I have the spacer for the 205.
    Jimbo

4. 4bynut

4bynut 1/2 ton status

I have a good 208 that was behind a 700R4, I'll sell. I'm in NW IL. I'd take $75 for it and might be able to meet you somewhere to shorten you trip. Let me know if your interested. Thanks Jason

Last edited: May 2, 2006