Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Oil Pan-Pass Dipstick SBC

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by seattlek5, Nov 23, 2003.

1. seattlek5

seattlek5 1/2 ton status

Like it says in the title need a oil pan for the crew cab. It has a crate motor with a dual dipstick pan and I don't want to buy two gasket sets to seal it up. I will come pick it up if you are reasonably close. Thanks!
    Brent

2. donimator

donimator 1/2 ton status

Don't most oil pan gaskets sets come with a gaskets that work with that. They usually have the bends in the gasket on both sides.

3. seattlek5

seattlek5 1/2 ton status

That's what we thought when we ordered the engine kit, but it didn't. Another oil pan set for a van only had two rails, so I had to buy a kit for an '84 and use one rail and throw the rest in my gasket box. Now the new gasket is pouring oil from the front seal under the timing cover (5qts in 50 mi /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif) and the truck is covered in oil. I want to get a late model pan so I can use the Fel-Pro one piece gasket. They seal better and are a lot easier to put on laying on your back.

Don, what's up? Doesn't look like I'll be going on the Christmas tree run this year, Jake is being delivered on Tues at 9:00am and Lori will be on bed rest for about 2-weeks after. I may be going up to Jack's Pass to play in the snow on the 13 or 14th and get a tree then.

4. donimator

donimator 1/2 ton status

Well, congrats and hope Lori is fine after the bed rest. I wish I could to with you to Jacks pass, but I will most likley have to work. I was able to get a one piece gasket for my early model oilpan. If I remember right, it might have had the indents for the dipstick on both sided, but not absolutley positive.