Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Oklahoma fabricators

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by djsblaze, Oct 21, 2003.

1. djsblaze

djsblaze 1/2 ton status

To all the okies, I need to find someone, preferably local, Im in Tulsa, who can fab up a custom front bumper for me that will hold a Ramsey Patriot 15000 lb. winch. I got the winch for a song, though it may be a very long expensive song since no one makes a bumper for it. I dont know of any company that makes a bumper for this unit. Ramsey does not, and I damn sure cant. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Im in Tulsa.

2. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Call me, I'm in Tulsa. I know that either me or another guy here in town can do it No Problem.

584-3223

Ask for Kyle

3. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

I'll attest to Kyle's and the "other guy's" /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif skills. Top notch design and attention to detail.

John

4. djsblaze

djsblaze 1/2 ton status

Kyle, thanks for the reply. I'll call you this afternoon if that works for you. Look forward to meeting you. Thanks again.

5. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

No problem. I'll be in the office all day today. Feel free to swing by if you want. I work over by the Doubletree Downtown. 7th and Houston area /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

I am not sure, but I might be the "other guy" Kyle is referring too. Here are a couple examples of bumpers I have built.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am working on a cool front bumper right now that will hold my RE12000 between the frame rails. I will try to get some shots of the bumper tonight. Here's the winch mount that mounts the winch where no approach angle is sacrificed:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Between Kyle and myself, we can get you fixed up!

7. djsblaze

djsblaze 1/2 ton status

Hey Daniel, a.k.a. "other guy," thanks for the reply. I tried to call Kyle but he's at lunch. I'll try back this afternoon. The bumpers you've built look great. Nice work. Between the framerails is a damn fine idea. Ive seen your truck before, extremely nice rig. Gimme your number and I'll get in touch (or Kyle can call you), but I definately need to talk to you guys. Thanks alot. P.S. I have no idea how to check my PMs so please email me djohnson@shjlaw.com

8. djsblaze

djsblaze 1/2 ton status

Daniel, one more thing. Do you think a 15000lb. will fit between framerails? I dont have the exact dimensions but you can pull them off ramsey.com. Ive never seen that done so youve peaked my curiosity. Thanks again. DBJ

9. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

I've got Daniel's old front winch bumper and it is nothing but pure beef. He even cut the ends shorter to match my fender trimming at no extra charge. Daniel is a great guy and I plan on doing busy with him again. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I don't think you would be disappointed in anyway with him or his work. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

10. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

I bet it will fit between the rails. It specs at 24.3" wide. One plus on that winch is you can remotely mount the solenoid pack...

btw, your not the Doug Johnson that left a business card on my K5 a few months ago asking if I would sell it, are you?

Anyway, I think we can get you fixed up on any bumper design you might want.

11. djsblaze

djsblaze 1/2 ton status

Kyle and Daniel should be blushing by now with all the nice things everybody is saying. Im looking forward to working with these guys.

12. djsblaze

djsblaze 1/2 ton status

Bingo, you got me. In fact I was wondering if that was your truck. Hope you were flattered and not offended I wanted to buy your truck. Guess I did lowball you though. Gimme a call, lets talk. 293-1122.

13. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Daniel is the other guy /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

That patriot 15k is a big mother of a winch. Nice one though. I spent a little time with the guys over at Ramsey a while back talking about that winch. solenoid pack is a piece of cake. You don't want to go to far, but you can move it up behind the grille or so.

Get in touch with Daniel or me. I talked to him on my way back from lunch about this.

BTW, to check you PM's there will be a little flashing letter on the upper left hand side of the top menu bar. If there isn't one, then you've got no msg's. You can also goto My Home and check them /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Daniel, check your emails /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

djsblaze

Are you busy this weekend? It would be a great time to meet some local guys....

Disney run

15. djsblaze

djsblaze 1/2 ton status

I'll be in Denver this weekend for a wedding, and Blazer is not quite running yet. Another week or two. Yell at me next time you guys head to Disney though. Im there about every other weekend either in trucks or on 4 wheelers. Thanks for the invite.

16. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Auto Topic Off Road in Gainesville, TX does great work also. They aren't too far from Tulsa. Ask for Chris Graves.

940-612-3400

17. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Hey Man,
    Kyle and Daniel built some low quality [darn], /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Just kidding,/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif man these are two great guys, they will do you right and can build damn near anything.

Well, got to hi-jack your post for a moment, got another engine for the K5, hoping to have it in the weekend of the first. Complete 350 with 2.02 heads, aluminum intake, Edelbrock performer carb and a RV cam. for $375. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Kyle,

Give me a call tomorrow aftenoon around 3'ish, got to talk tube /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

Krennen

18. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Kyle,

Give me a call tomorrow aftenoon around 3'ish, got to talk tube /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

Krennen

[/ QUOTE ]

With any luck, I'll be around the City at 3:00 on my way back home. I'll give you a call as I pass through /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif