Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need one little dinky piece of shock hardware

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by Panther, May 23, 2003.

1. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Hey guys. I need a 5/8" outer diameter BY 9/16" inner diameter BY 1.66" long shock sleeve. It's the piece that goes inside the rubber bushing at the end of the shock so the shock tabs don't crush together when you tighten down the bolt. It's the stock size for a 12B rear. So this would be included if you got a complete shock kit for a K5.

After being d!cked around by Superlift, I'm just hoping someone has one laying around. I'll pay shipping and a few bucks for your trouble. Thanks!!

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> And after Panther gets his, if you have 2 more I need a pair of em. Thanks!

And thanks for reminding me I need them, Panther. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font>

3. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

I'll take a look in my "box-o-parts" tonight.

I think I have a few.

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I know I have tons of those sleeves that I toss into empty coffee cans after I've installed new shocks. Let me get out the cans and measure them out to see what I have. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Sweet, thanks guys; just let me know.

I knew I shoulda just posted here instead of trying to deal with Superlift!!

And no prob Shaggy /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif .

6. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

i've got one pair that's 5/8" OD, and 1 5/8" long, but they are only 1/2" ID, are you sure that yours are 9/16" ID, the reason i'm asking, is that all of my chevy's took 1/2" bolts on the shocks, even my 12 bolt i had. anyway, the bottom set in the pic are the same ID, and OD, but they are 2 1/4" long, shaggy if you want these, you could just cut them down to the proper length. if either one of you are interested in them i'll take $5 shipped for each pair, that should cover postage, and gas in my beast to get to the post office/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif. anyway, let me know if either one of you is interested.

later,
    rick

[​IMG]

7. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

i just realized that you guys must be talking about the top of the rear shock. if so, i don't have any of those. sorry to take up space. anyway, BTT for you.

8. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i just realized that you guys must be talking about the top of the rear shock. if so, i don't have any of those. sorry to take up space. anyway, BTT for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Rick. No actually I am looking for a sleeve for the bottom of the shock in the rear. I'm sorry I didn't measure it to answer you on the offer you made the other day. I should get to the Jimmy today so I will let you know tomorrow morning. Thanks!!