Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need opinion on buddies deal gone wrong.***update**

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by balzackks84, Jun 3, 2003.

1. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Do you think the company should do more to fix the problem or is he SOL?

[ QUOTE ]
    This is a long story, but it needs to be told. I ordered a hideaway turbo header, efi manifolds and fuel rails from ******* via the internet. I put in the wrong credit card number, off by one digit, my fault. They never called or emailed me so a week later I called asking if it shipped. They told me it was declined so I had them change my credit card number and complete the order. It didn't ship for 8 days, and when it finally showed up on my doorstep there were two boxes. One of the boxes was on a totally different invoice I didn't order and it was charged to my account, $82.54. I had made a quote for these parts in december, but never ordered them. They must have been ordered at the same time as the other parts accidentally. The $82.54 overdrew my checking account and fee after fee began to pile up. $28 per day plus $1.75 more for everything else I bought afterwards. I talked to ***** and they said I could ship back the parts but the wouldn't pay any bank fees. I talked to my bank, Key Bank, and they said it was ******* responsibility. My banker got on the phone and talked to Marieanne(sp?) and then her supervisor Susy. They started saying there was no way of knowing if I ordered the parts or not. But the $82 invoice was ordered in December, which makes no sense, and that is before I even had this checking account. I now am still in debt to the bank because I have put all the money I have into my checking account and I can't stop buying certain things like food and gas. I am a college student living at home for two more weeks before I hit the road to find work in central oregon. My banker told me I should go to a small claims court, but I'd rather just take the fines. I will never deal with ********* again. This may cause me to not be able to finish my bug before I move to central oregon. Thanks CB.

The story is not over. The Hideaway turbo header is pure crap. It was about an inch too narrow to fit on my engine, I can force it though. I don't have long cylinders or rods either, just some small spacers which shouldn't make it an inch wider. Both the J tubes don't fit. One of the flanges hits another tube so I had to grind it way down. The other J tube's flange is welded on at the wrong angle, so I need to cut it off and re-weld it. The bolt holes dont line up, it is twisted about 10 degrees. I can't even force it to fit. I don't have time to send it back. I will just deal with it.

On the invoice I actually ordered I was billed 6 dollars for no reason on a different reciept 3 days after the other bill. They couldn't explain it. I'm going to let it go because I don't want to have to deal with them anymore.

The bank fees total $141.75 and I haven't recieved my $82.54 yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then today he got an e-mail from the company after he posted this on a bug forum.

[ QUOTE ]
    I was very disappointed to hear that you posted on the shop talk forum not to buy from us anymore. The last of our conversation was that you were going to call us back. The 82.54 was issued back to your account today. I also told you on the phone that we could take the header back and you said that you didn't have time for that and were going to fix it yourself. At this time I asked if you would please send a picture of the problem and that maybe we could work out some sort of credit on the header. I feel that we were being very fair and slamming us on the web isn't cool.
    >I am sorry to hear that you will not be doing business with us any longer if there is anything else we can assist you with please let us know.

[/ QUOTE ]

2. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Re: Need opinion on buddies deal gone wrong.

looks like the bad post made them correct their customer service stance. Looks like they are willing to make good though....now.

3. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

looks like the bad post made them correct their customer service stance. Looks like they are willing to make good though....now.

4. balzackks84

Actually they still aren't. They won't say that it was their fault for sending a random $80 order and thus overdrawing his account. And are also claiming that they have no way of telling when the order was placed.

5. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

If he ordered the parts online they have to have a record of when the order was placed. In any case they have to be able to trace their orders. Any company that charges your credit card has to be able to prove that you initiated the charge. This is one of those horror stories that reminds me to always use a credit card instead of a debit card! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I hate it when companies can't figure out their own records.

6. blzn1

blzn1 Registered Member

dude, I have a pair of j-tubes he can have. I'd behappy to trade for the d60 setup. ha ha just joking, but he is welcome to the j-tubes if he wants and no charge for them either

7. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Ordering online has its drawbacks. I have had orders doubled accidently, even though i did not hit the "button" twice. What is the name of the seller? Online businesses need to be able to accomodate unusual circumstances that arise from the manner in which transactions are done.

I had an experience with 4WPW recently when i noticed a charge to my account above and beyond online total! I called them asap and the guy who answered went and asked the person who processed the extra charge what it was for. THE GUY WHO PROCESSED IT SAID I HAD AUTHORIZED IT!! Well, when i called him directly, he fumbled a bit and said it was for tire mounting and balancing. At that point i agreed but this was a bit shady to me.

8. MousePowrd

MousePowrd 1/2 ton status

This is one reason why I will never use my debit card online or over the phone. Also with a credit card if someone hacks the company and steals my number I am only responsible for $50. If someone steals my debit card number they can take everything I have
    Its not right but I think your buddy is going to get boned for the bank fees. Even if they take the header back he is still out over $100 /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

9. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Can you PM me with the name of the shop? Also your buddy got any pics of his VW? I like So-cal imports.. They got a ton of stuff.

10. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Yep, buying stuff online can be risky. I ordered a book from Amazon and three of the same book showed up at my doorstep along with the subsequent charges to my account. Luckily, though Amazon has kick-ass customer relations since I got the money back and got to keep the other books(which I sold /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

this is why i keep my moolay in a safe in my room (behind the picture on the wall!!!)

i had a paycheck bounce cause the teller put my boss's money in the wrong account...what a shitstorm i had wrote about 5 checks, a loan payment, paid for a cpl things on ebay

since it was their fault they paid my overdraft fees but now my bank wont cash my paycheck... screw em

12. balzackks84

Re: Need opinion on buddies deal gone wrong. ***update***

Ok the company is Refunding him for half of the header because it was fawkered up to the point that it needed to be cut and re-welded, which my a$$ is going to have to do because he doesn't have a welder. But they are not going to touch his $140 overdraft fees.

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

First thing your friend needs to do is to call his bank and to dispute the charge for what he didn't order. If he can prove there way a mistake made, all charges should be reversed. If his bank won't help, tell him to change banks !!!!!!!!!!!