Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need opinion on bumpers...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TXsizeK5, Mar 10, 2003.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Should I keep this stock one....
    Or get this one made by a friend....
    BTW my k5 is white... i think it would look good with a black bumper, some disagree and say stock would be alot better than this. I dont know... im getting it relatively cheap... just cost of materials. THanks!

[​IMG]

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> That bumper could double as a park bench. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif If you can get it made so it stays in alot closer to the body then go for it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font>

3. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

I think either keep the stock one or get somethin different built..You'r departure angle would pretty much suck. Not to bash on your buds bumper, just givin ya some food for thought. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

4. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

a bumper like that will realy hurt departcher angles. On my ford ill be making bumpers from 8" channel iron, its cheep REALY strong and will hang perty much on your boddy pannels. Thats my ideal bumper.

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i dunno about other years stock bumpers... but the stock bumper on my 85 was pretty much crap. It was shiny... thats about all it was good for. Couldnt step on it (curved edges, slight downward slope, and it was slippery), couldnt use it as a recovery point, couldnt tow from it. like i said... not good for much other than lookin shiny. Go custom.

j

6. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    <font color="green"> That bumper could double as a park bench. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif If you can get it made so it stays in alot closer to the body then go for it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif thats what I was thinking, it is also lookin lower cause he has a body lift... but I dont think I mind the departure angle cause i never do any rock crawling anyway...