Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need opinion on price

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shane, Aug 23, 2001.

1. shane

shane 1/2 ton status

My buddy has the oportunity to purchase a 1980 suburban. I went and looked at it and the body is totally rotten. It has the 14b s/f rear end and a dana 44 with 8 bolt outers. Standard tanny and I`m assuming a np205 (didn't feel like laying in the mud to see) I don't know what kind of motor (small or big block) but it does run and drive.

My question is he can get this for 800-900$ canadian. Is it worth it? If it was a 14bolt F/F rear end for sure but a S/F?? What about the front end? He would probably buy it just for parts.

Never argue with idiots; They will drag you down to their level and beat you up with experience [​IMG]

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

1980 would have the slip yoke 205, they all did. It is a 205 but it has the slip yoke...
    if it seems to run good I'd snag it for sure. The price is damn good for a functioning, running 4x4.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

3. shane

shane 1/2 ton status

Whats the market like to sell the running gear? I wouldn't want it for my blazer and my buddy has a Ford, it is just one of those "I can't afford not to" deals.

Shane

Never argue with idiots; They will drag you down to their level and beat you up with experience [​IMG]