Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Opinion

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DgtlEnvrnmnt, Jul 30, 2005.

1. DgtlEnvrnmnt

DgtlEnvrnmnt Newbie

Hey everyone, i recently purchased a 1992 GMC Sonoma 4X4 for cheap and i have to resurrect it. The problem is that it isn't getting gas to the engine. I know it is getting gas to the throttle body injectors but they won't spray. I have replaced the fuel pump, the fuel filter, fuel pump relay, TPS, and both injectors. On occasion it will spit some gas out but not enough to start it. What i am wondering is what tells the injectors to spray gas? is it the ECM? Thanx, as soon as i get this thing running i may become a full CK5 member (even though i don't own a full size).

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Ignition module is what tells the ECM that the engine is cranking, and thus to fire the injectors.

Weak spark is enough to cause the problem you are talking about as well. (potentially bad coil)

You can have the module tested at autozone. Since your problem is apparently consistent (not influenced by heat, etc) then if the module is the problem, they should be able to see it during the test. There is also a "fail bubble" on the top of the stock module, I've seen both yellow and white. If it's bulged up, that is supposed to indicate a failure.

Not many are big fans of chain auto store modules. Lots of bad ones before you get a good one. AC Delco modules are recommended by many, not too sure about the Accel ones, etc.

3. DgtlEnvrnmnt

DgtlEnvrnmnt Newbie

which modules can be tested at autozone? thanx