Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need opinions / info on Big O Bigfoot XT's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by gstuck3, Oct 7, 2005.

1. gstuck3

gstuck3 Registered Member

I need to get new tires (35-12.50-15) and someone mentioned these to me because of their great warranty. I live in the desert so we have lots of rocks, sand and hills. How do the Big-O's hold up. Any help would great.

Thanks

George

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

C'moe runs these , he'll probably chime in when hes on .

3. basing110

basing110 1/2 ton status

i ran those on my 99 dodge ram 2500 diesel and they had horrible milage on them ..they wore out fast .. and as far as traction they were pretty decent but i think the pro comp x terrains are a better tire

4. bigchiefmudder

bigchiefmudder Registered Member

i had 285 75 r16's on my 01 2500hd. They seemed to be ride very poorly and not very well compared to what i have now. But i replaced em early since i got such a good deal on these new ones i have now. Honestly i can't even remember what they are but ride so much better its like a different truck. (only paid 100 bucks for the 305's i've got)

5. sodfarmer

sodfarmer Registered Member

I run 285/75/16 xt's on my work truck. It's a 97 dodge 2500 Cummins. It is a farm truck so it sees lots of gravel mud etc. as well as towing up to 30,000 lbs. They seem to last ~ 25,000 miles which equates to 2 sets a year, but the best part is when they are almost wore out I end up getting a rock through a couple of them and 2 new free tires then I buy 2 more and get a full set for the price of 2. Money in the bank as far as I'm concerned. If you get them make sure you get the new design. The have better sidebites and look alot cooler. I can't wait to get the new one's in a couple months.

Good luck!

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

If these are the tires:http://www.bigotires.com/index.asp?PG=2&Sub=12b&CatID=01BIG38, I have nothing but good praise for them.

I'm running them right now on my '85 K30. They are 35x12.5x16.5's.

Only problem is, my tires are not quite Big O's but rather Trail Cutters. They have the EXACT same tread, so that makes them the same tire, treadwise that is.

I like these tires alot. I also ran the same size on an '85 K2500 Sub once with no problems. I would buy these tires again if I had to and when the time comes.

7. gstuck3

gstuck3 Registered Member

Thanks for all the help Gents. Yes Thatk30Guy, that's the tire. If anyone has any more info I'd love to have it. All this real world experience helps make things a lot easier.

Thanks

8. sodfarmer

sodfarmer Registered Member

If my info is correct kelly springfield makes both tires, but the big o has a better casing.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2005