Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need opinions on herculiner paint job

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kumma, May 6, 2001.

1. kumma

kumma 1/2 ton status

I've been working on replacing the front inner fenderwells patching up the rockers and quarters and i don't want to paint it so i thought of using herculiner. I'm thinking of just doing the fenders doors and quarters in black herculiner and leaving the roof hood and top with the existing black paint. I also thought of just doing the bottom up to the upper crease on the body. Any thoughts?

[​IMG]

2. 1990K5

1990K5 1/2 ton status

i did my whole tub from the fire wall to the tailgate with hurculiner and its seems to be fairly durable but the texture of the product (like other liners) is rough so it collects dirt. if you do the body of your truck it will probably hold up ok but it will look dirty always.

3. i'm thinking of doing the same thing. at first i was just going to do from the bottom up to the lower trim piece but now i'm leaning towards more coverage. and hey, if it always looked dirty that'd be cool too! [​IMG] if i was worried about looks i wouldn't paint my rig with a roller! [​IMG] just imagin how easy touch up will be![​IMG]

78, 350/350/203, 3/4 ton, 4" lift, 35" BFGs
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://bluebeast.coloradok5.com/>http://bluebeast.coloradok5.com/</A>

4. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

I did the inside tub from firewall to tail gate to rust proof and add sound deadening. It's rough texture finish but went on pretty easy and is holding up well. Seems to wear good on the tailgate and I like the non slip finish it gives.