Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need opinions on shocks

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by trashfire, Jul 11, 2002.

1. trashfire

trashfire Newbie

I just found this message board and have been browsing around. I think this place will be my number one resource on the journey ahead... That is turning a mostly stock 88 K5 350 into a nasty machine...

First things first, it needs shocks. (its been sitting up for about 1 year) :(

It has a 3" lift on it right now and I was wondering what you would reccomend for new shocks. The trucks purpose is not a daily driver but a weekend fun machine. not going to do alot of wheelin' with it and i do plan on building up the engine. It is 4WD with the GM 10 bolts. I think it currently has monroes on it. not sure.

I've heard the Rancho name alot but don't know about their quality. I'm pretty new to this.

Don't care about how stiff the ride is, just want a moderately priced (ideally 50 a peice but not limited to), good quality shock.

Thanks for any and all help you can send my way..

Chris

2. ok91blazer

ok91blazer Registered Member

rancho's do get most of the attention, but i found where very pricy, i went with pro comp es 9000's from 4wp, for only like 130$ for 4. i like mine alot, i havent had rancho's and cant compare, but personally as long as im happy wti em i could care, they work good enough for me,and were fairly reasonable in price,

3. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

Rancho rs9000's got my vote because you can adjust them.

4. little79k5

little79k5 1/2 ton status

i have rancho rs5000s on my stock height blazer. man they are stiff!!! im about to install my 8" lift and I'm going with pro comp es3000's and only runing 2 in the front instead of 4 in hopes of a smoother ride. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

5. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

I use RS9000's and they ride excellent... BUT, they are a little pricey and I don't find myself having to actually adjust them very often. I have heard many good things about a company called Doetsch-Tech. They are pretty cheap, but I have no personal experience with them.

6. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i'd go with rancho RS9012s they're really long.