Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need OPINIONS please..

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Jersey, Jun 18, 2002.

1. Jersey

Jersey 1/2 ton status

Thinking of selling my '91 K5 and wondered what you guys think i should ask for it. 350, 700r4, COMLETELY rebuilt 14bff and D44 w/4.11's, brand new 35x12.50x16.5 BFG Mud km's on Welds, flowmasters, ORD steering brace, 4" rancho sus soft lift, NEVER wheeled (no time!), no body or frame rust at all, on spot on inner wheel well (always wanted to replace!), gm paint fade, 160k and runs like brand new. just took it to NJ inspection and passed perfect. guy said he never saw a 350 with this many miles run so clean so my guess is that it has many miles left on it. It's just tough with the 2 kids now and one on the way. Any ideas what I should ask/expect to get? i know it's hard to price quote without seeing in person (see pic with link below, have many more, just haven't had time to upload!) or hear run, just wanted to know what you guys thought. Thanks.

oh year, power everything...including mirrors /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

- Jersey

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I'd say at least 5-6k just because it's the newest K5 you can get(ie it's a helluva lot more plush than the other models and that's what most people look for). I think the main selling points are that it's never been off-road, 3/4 drivetrain and new tires......

3. Jersey

Jersey 1/2 ton status

Thanks BlazerGuy. Appreciate the input. I was hoping to get around 5k for it. It's built right and never abused. I have to upload the latest pictures. Put alot of time into it, just wish circumstances were different, i'd never sell it. family first, right? /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif Thanks again.

-Jersey

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

5. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

I think you should ask for $20 and sell it to me. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. Jersey

Jersey 1/2 ton status

welp bahaviking, you won! i said to myself the first offer i get, i going to sell it!!! congrats man. i'll ship it out today free of charge. would you like the D60 with it? of course no charge also. ummmmmm...maybe not. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

- Jersey

7. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Just throw the D60 in the back, but if you mess up my new seats I'm going to lower the price to $15.

No really, sounds like a nice truck, please find a nice home for it.

8. Jersey

Jersey 1/2 ton status

alright, you got me. $10 including shipping and it's yours, as soon as i wash and wax it! Thanks man. She's real clean and built pretty darn strong, just wish i didn't have to give her up. whattya gonna do.

- Jersey

9. pr1aw

pr1aw 1/2 ton status

Paid 5K for a stock 91 2yrs ago with 195,000 on it. Still dosen't burn oil. Wanna trade?

10. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

I bought my '89 Jimmy (loaded) about 8 months ago for $3,900. (Drove from Conn. to R.I. to get it) Its got some rust, but the paint and body looks good. That being said... If you were 8 months sooner, I'd drive down and give $5,000 cash tomorrow (just for it being rust-free, straight body, and 14 bolt F/F.) The only draw back is the high miles. No matter how good its running right now, that thing is ready for a rebuild. But like I said, the truck being rust-free, straight, and rolling on a 14b, I would ask for $5k. Good luck.... your gonna miss her!

11. Jersey

Jersey 1/2 ton status

i sure am gonna miss her. put a lot of time and blood into it but always enjoyed doing it. It took me a long time to find one that didn't have any rust and was bone stock (actually undersized 235/75's tires on her) when i bought her so i knew it wasn't abused. I guess it could use a rebuild but it's amazing, all cylinders all up to compression, never burns oil, valve seals must be good - no smoke on startup and never once gave me a hesitation. i do and have changed the oil every 3k and right on time with tune-ups so i guess that helped. yes, i babied her but i wanted it to last for a longggg time. now i guess it will with someone else!!! haha. thanks guys.

- Jersey

12. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Let me know what your asking for the truck, I am looking for a super clean truck as a daily driver.

13. Jersey

Jersey 1/2 ton status

I'll try and post all the most recent pictures and also the pics i took when i did the 14bff, D44, ORD bracket and lift about 6 months ago on the webshots site i have. Take a look at them and we can set something up for us to meet so you can look and drive it if you want. It is really clean. The carpet could use a replacement - never really was concerned with it, just wanted to make it strong. Your K5 looks like one bad mother***** but i bet a pain to be a daily driver. I'll repost when i get the pics up, hopefully this afternoon. Judging by the want-ad prices, which is probably where i'll be putting it, and what others have said, i'll be looking for somewhere around 5k. Don't know if that's what your looking to spend. Of couse it's worth 30k to me /forums/images/icons/grin.gif PM me if your interested.

- Jersey

14. Jersey

Jersey 1/2 ton status