Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Opinions.....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ChicagoK5, Aug 4, 2006.

1. ChicagoK5

ChicagoK5 Newbie

Im torn between 2 trucks. The first is a 1986 Blazer CUCV with a 6.2 diesel. The second is a 1989 K5 silverado edition. Both trucks need some TLC. The CUCV needs an interior and i plan on painting the OD green exterior primer black for an eventual paint job. The 89 needs body work due to surface rust. So what you you guys think? Whats the better choice?

By the way....hi....im new!

2. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

What's the prices, tranny, transfer case, axles, gears, etc. of each? Oh and welcome!

3. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

what do you plan to do with the truck? daily driver. wheeler? im partial to 89's since thats what i had. you cant beat EFI and overdrive.also the best grill of any blazer IMO. on the other hand, diesel's are pretty cool. alot depends on what your final product is going to be.

4. ChicagoK5

ChicagoK5 Newbie

Thanks for the quick responses guys. The owner of the CUCV sold it on me. Im not too happy because i wanted that one. But its ok. Im planning on going to pickup the 89 today or tomorrow. Ill soon be joining the K5 owner community! I was planning on having a DD/Trailrunner.

5. ProJunkRacing

ProJunkRacing 1/2 ton status

Hey , I am in Frankfort IL . Near Joliet . Im me my sn is Projunkracing need to chatatya .