Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need opinions

Discussion in 'Audio' started by TheBlazerKid, Oct 11, 2000.

1. TheBlazerKid

TheBlazerKid 1/2 ton status

I am planning on putting a System in my 71 k5. I just bought a sony cdx-c7000x cd reviever and the next item on the agenda is an amp and subs, I want my truck to slam BUT i am on a strict budget...I am asking all you out there for your help in some different amp/sub/box combo's that would hit hard for the minimum$$.......I dont mean cheap jensen stuff but jsut not top dollar. Thanx in advance

Theres No Replacement for Cubic Inches!

2. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

We just brought in Lightning Audio and wow, talk about bang for your buck. Lightning is owned by Rockford Fosgate, so the product is very good. Just remeber that when you buy whatever it is you are going to buy, match all your components to each other. I don't mean buy all one brand, I mean this. Think about your total budget, lets say for example 500 bucks for Subs, amps, box wire etc tec. You want to buy a woofer that is quality but isnt going to require a crapload of powere to run. In other words, dont go out and buy the biggest woofers and then buy a cheap ass amp to run them. Or vice versa, Dont buy a big bad ass amp, and just wimpy cheap speakers. Here is an example. Lets say you buy Rockfords entry level subs. A pair of RFZ-1812 subs is going to run you about 130.00 These woofers do not handle big amounts of power, they are designed to be very efficiant, so you wont need a big amp to run them. Like I said Lightning has some amps and woofers that will give you great sound at a lighter cost. Hope this helps. HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!

[​IMG]
    http://dblazer.coloradok5.com

3. TheBlazerKid

TheBlazerKid 1/2 ton status

thanx for the input, I have heard that putting them in a bandpass box will make them thump harder, My original plan was to put two JL audio 12's in a bandpass but im not sure now

Theres No Replacement for Cubic Inches!

4. istallion88k5

istallion88k5 1/2 ton status

I started trying to do it cheap, but I put a bandpass box in with 2 RF 12"'s and it sounded nice. Now I am in the process of redoing it with a custom box and all, but the bandpass which is still in there has proved to be well worth the 300 bucks total for the subs and the box.

If it aint a Chevy don't raise it up!

5. Chewy

Chewy 1/2 ton status

Now I know Jensen gets a bad reputation, however I have been running a 600 watt Jensen amp for at least 3 years and have never had a single problem. It sounds good and was very inexpensive. By the way, I have a dual 12 inch bandpass box that I would be willing to sell for $50. Let me know if you're interested.

'87 Beast
    Colorado, USA