Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need pa trip info please

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sweetk30, Jul 27, 2006.

1. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

my friend is going to bloomsburg this year and wants to know if he will have any problems with the cops or dot. he has a 02 dodge ext cab with 13" lift and 46" claws on it. he has no mudflaps or super drop bumpers. his tailgate closed is 6'3" off the ground.

anyhelp would be great from people in pa or who have traviled there for these kinds of shows.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yes he will have trouble. Off the Bloomsburg Fairgrounds you are fair game for the cops, and they DO ticket. Ask the Miozzi Brothers.

3. sweetk30

well what kind of stuff will he have problems with ? or is he just better off trailering it ? and if he does drive it what kind of ticket prices do you think he will get?

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

price? no idea. Low two hundreds maybe lower, likely, but really I guess he could get pulled over multiple times in that stretch. If he has the ability to trailer, I recommend he does so.

His bumpers are WAY too high for our laws, tires definetally stick out passed the fenderwells(not allowed here), and mudflaps would be mandatory with that much height(there is a whole angle thing to figure out exactly how long and where the mudflaps should be, but lets just say, he would need some big ones)

5. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

When I went last year there was a Superduty on 49" Irocs, in my truck his headlights were over my roof. Truck was ginormous to say the least. I don't see how a cop could give you a ticket when the truck is legal in another state. Just about every truck down there is technically illegal, but if you are just driving and not screwing around, think they would leave you alone. My buddy Chuck is driving his dodge down, 95 RCSB aboot 15" lift with 44 TSLs. He's being going down for years, puts his truck in the show every year. Don't have any current pics, but I'll see if I can find some....

6. b454rat

Here is his truck last year, it's moocho bigger now.

[​IMG]

7. b454rat

How did this guy get here??

[​IMG]

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

many of the rigs that big trailer...

and your buddies truck was mild last year. Sibling Rivalry's site is no longer in existence, but they had a portion of it showing when they got pulled over on the way to Bloomsburg one year. ANd those are BIG trucks.

Behave and you MAY not get pulled over. But if you have the option to tow, I don't see a reason to risk a ticket when you can just tow it in.

9. sweetk30

thanks guys . he said he liked the input and he will most likly drive it and he will be smart when driving not crazy. if i get a ticket oh well he said. whats the fun of going if i cant drive it down and back.

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I have seen some BIG vehicles on route 80 that are by no means legal and not seen them pulled over, so I guess in reality it shall all be well. I'm just a strange 21 year old that semi-often errs on the side of caution.