Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Part Numbers Fast!!! & WARNING

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Hossbaby50, Nov 9, 2002.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I need the part numbers for those extended rubber brake lines from Napa or whoever it was. I also need the application discription. This is for the front end of my 85 Jimmy with a 10 bolt.

Will these lines just bolt up and how far are they extended. I need roughly 4". Here's why:

Last night about 12:45AM i was on my way home from a friends house, and I had to get on the brakes hard for a stop light, and I was slowing down and my passengers side brake line blew apart at the upper fitting. I lost my brakes obviously, and was lucky that there was nobody in front of me and the light was about to change so I coasted threw the instersection and slowed myslef with my tranny and gears. Thankfully I have 4.56's and they helped slow me down alot.

WARNING: DO NOT BUY***
    The lines that blew where SUPERLIFT 4" extended Braided stainless steel lines. They blew right at the upper fitting.

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

NAPA #38872 should bolt right up to a set of 10-bolt calipers. They're supposed to be fine for a 4 to 6 inch lift. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

BTW, stock brake lines are built to take a LOT more abuse than the braided stainless ones that I've seen. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I didn't actually blow the line, I blew the joint at the top of the line near the frame.