Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need parts

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Feb 6, 2001.

some idiot pulled out in front of me. with out any time to stop i slammed into a honda civic. I need the front end and a frame. i have an 82 blazer that is converted to be fully convertable. I live in austin, texas. thanks for the help.

1. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

This is off the subject but how do you go about converting your blazer to fully convertible. I have an 88 and would be interested in the conversion. What kind of time/work is involved?

Later

Have you driven OVER a Ford lately?

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I think this is more a subject for the big board, or the parts wanted board, did you post it there also?
    All we have around is a broken '88 frame that we're going to use for some mocking up.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    [​IMG]
    SW-ORD

3. surg82k5

surg82k5 1/2 ton status

sorry i did not know i posted this message here. thanks for the help. i am thinking of putting a 4" lift on my '82 Blazer. It has a 6.2 with about 103,000 on it. It is completely stock. What lift do you feel is best and what accessories(front sway bar, dropped trans. mounts ect.) would I need. thanks for the help.

4. AgDieseler

AgDieseler Certified Scrap Producer Premium Member GMOTM Winner

As for your suspension, that's a question best left to Stephen and his imagination. Now your diesel engine, that's something I can help with. The single best upgrade I think that you could do is an intake manifold swap. The blazers came with the EGR manifolds, and at the naturally aspirated level, they're super restrictive. If you can find a 3/4 or 1 ton truck with a 6.2 in it, grab that intake and swap it to yours. All it costs is about $12 in gaskets and a backache from sitting on the radiator, craned over the engine for about an hour. If you can go another $50 or so, get the K&N air filter. Also, running Stantadyne fuel addative will wake up that clacker. Check your glow plugs and make sure they all are making the power they should. If you need to replace any, go for the ACDelco 11Gs. That will make it start like nothing else.

Hope this helps,

David
    '85 diesel 'burban

5. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

It's pretty hard to beat the standard 4" HD front springs with a flip kit in the rear (providing your springs are in good shape or you can find some stockers that are, if not get new springs) From there it's just the details, disconnects, HD shackles, greasable bushings, box brace kit, etc.
    What do you plan to do with the truck, what size tires do you want to run? If you put on a lot of pavement miles, you may want to go a little milder, like a 2 or 3", run 33's and armor the bottom of the truck. I've seen some really capable rigs with relatively mild lifts and tires.
    Hope this helps

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    [​IMG]
    SW-ORD