Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need peoples opinions on rancho 4" lift

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by y5mgisi, Mar 15, 2004.

1. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Need peoples opinions on rancho 4\" lift

The lift i have is a well used 4" rancho lift. It consists of 5 tapered leafs in front with poly bushings,and 4" blocks in the rear(a buddy also has some good DOETCH tech 3000 schocks im picking up from him too). Also has a 4"raised steering arm. Do you think that this setup will provide a good ride and handeling charecteristcs(sp?) on a otherwise stock daily driven '90 suberban? I would especaily like to here from people who already have this setup. How does it take the bumps and corners? does it feel "lose" threw the steering wheel? Sorry for the drawn out question but would realy like to know what to expect.

P.S. How many of you with sububans experenced driveline vibes from a 4" lift? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Re: Need peoples opinions on rancho 4\" lift

I just removed a Set of Rancho 4" HD front springs from my 90 K5, they were very stiff. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif I now run the TC 4" and they are much softer.

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I currently have exactly that setup on my burb...you've seen my burb also. 4" rancho's, Pro Comp 3000 shocks and a raised steering arm and it doesn't ride like a brick like the ranchos supposedly do...maybe its the wait of the burb that is the difference. But i'd go with it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Thats right i totaly forgot all about that. You were runnin 33"mudkings right? That realy looked pretty good. Did you get any driveline vibes after that? Did you use the tapered rear blocks(i am). and (sorry again for all the questioning) but would you(or anyone) recomend droping my t-case cross member 1"???? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

5. scoutillac

scoutillac 1/2 ton status

I wouldn't drop my case just for a 4". I have a 6" and I dropped it for a while. Now I have it back in the stock location. I like it better up. When I dropped the case I had to drop the crossover pipe for the exhaust to clear the front driveline.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    The lift i have is a well used 4" rancho lift. It consists of 5 tapered leafs in front with poly bushings,and 4" blocks in the rear(a buddy also has some good DOETCH tech 3000 schocks im picking up from him too). Also has a 4"raised steering arm. Do you think that this setup will provide a good ride and handeling charecteristcs(sp?) on a otherwise stock daily driven '90 suberban? I would especaily like to here from people who already have this setup. How does it take the bumps and corners? does it feel "lose" threw the steering wheel? Sorry for the drawn out question but would realy like to know what to expect.

P.S. How many of you with sububans experenced driveline vibes from a 4" lift? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Only thing I would recomend is ditching the 4" blocks and ordering the ORD 4" shackle flip.

7. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Yeah, i'm running 33's. No id didn't have any driveline vibe's at all..thats the nice thing about a burb, much longer wheelbase gives for better rear driveline angle variables. And no, i did NOT lower the t-case and I am using the tapered blocks in the rear.

8. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Sweet thanks for all the info /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif