Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need pic's for project:

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by conoverbandit, Mar 8, 2005.

1. conoverbandit

conoverbandit 1/2 ton status

Hey y'all,

My buddy and I were talking this evening about my 71 C-2500 GMC truck. The front end is so wore out inunder it I feel the need to take her off the road . Anywho we were talking and he brought up the subject of making into a 4x4 truck. Now before every jumps on the band wagon and tells me to just find a 4x4 chassis this year/age I can tell ya I haven't seen but like 1 or 2 trucks around here that are 67-72 and they look like almost new. So I don't figure they'll come off with thier chassis easy :grin: . What I'd like to get is pic's of the under neath front end, where the front springs actually mount to, and then where the rear of the front springs set in according to the frame. Could I use the parts/pieces off of a 73-up chassis to do this? I understand the 2 by frames weren't made to flex like the 4 by frames, I have an article in one of the many 4 wheeler mag's I get where they took a 66 C-10 and made it into a 4x4, so I thought I might could use this as a "research" article. Not 100% into doing this, but I am willing to "entertain" the idea. Thanks for your time,

Thanks for your time,

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

check the 67-72 section. i posted a old mag article on the swap with radius arms like ford.