Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need pics of 12x15s on a K5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudstud, Jul 8, 2002.

1. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

Would like to see how far they stick out. What size tire (width wise) do you run with this wide of a wheel. You think 12.50s would look silly/be safe?

2. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

3. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Not all 12" wide wheels have the same offset. How far they stick out will depend on the offset of the rim, so make sure you get offset or back spacing when you look at pictures. A wheel that sticks out is really safer than one tucked way under the sheet metal (wider is better...), all else being equal. Too wide causes other problems, though like added stress on wheel bearings/ball joints and greater tendency for the rubber to find sheet metal.

4. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

Thanks, that helps. Is that 3.5" back spacing then cuz it looks like it's 6 lug (1/2ton)? I'm looking at 3 month old MT tires on 3/4ton wagon wheels for a great price. I'm looking to go 3/4ton sometime soon so just thought I'd look into it before I buy. I didn't know what that tire size would look like on that rim- just don't want the wheel wider then the tire if it comes down to having 12.50s on a 12" wheel for awhile. I guess this combo would make it easier to break a bead though. Hmm.

5. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Thats not your rig your link is pointing to! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif
    Thats mine! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    Bill C /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

6. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Hey, whats going on. When I click on your pics my webshots come up??? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

7. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

LOL! Same here! It takes me to my control panel.

BTW I have 12s on mine for now. They are mounted to 38s but take a look if you want.

8. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

BS is 4". The wheels are stock ralley's widened 4". 3/4 tons will stick out more due to the wider front axle. I had 12" Bart Monster Wheels on the 79 3/4 ton that I had before the Suburban. They had 3" BS, and was running 35x15.5 15 Swamper TSX's. There was Damn near as much of the tire sticking out of the fender as was covered. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif Had to lift it to 6" and still cut a major portion out of the fender in order for them to clear. You should not have any problems w/ a 12.5 on a 12.

9. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

<font color="red">Opps</font color> , <font color="blue">Dang</font color> , had it pointing to my control panal page instead of the public front page. It should be corrected now. Now everyone can see my truck pics. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Please accept my apologies. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

10. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

The only problem that could arise is when you air down. The tires could come off the bead easier if you have wider wheels, I run a lot of sand a spend most of my offroad time aired down, and I run 8x15 wheels with 33x12.50 tires.