Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need PICS of 4x4s painted any kind of CAMO...Need ideas for truck

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 89K1500Chevy, Jul 25, 2003.

1. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

Im thinking of painted the truck CAMO cuz the truck has seen its share of trees and tree branch's.Its still looks good from a distance but i think it would look pretty cool camo. and do some fender triming on it and a 6in or bigger susp. lift. Im going to keep the ifs in the front(unless i find a cheap good D60) and go 14bolt rear locked. winch bumper and winch up front. basicly im going to need like 2000-3000 to do all this. It will prob be later this year or early next year to have all this done. Im open to ideas /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Here are some pics of mine when it was camo:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Not camo but Olive Drab green. I'm planning on letting the camo grow in naturally. Everytime I get a rock scrape or branch pinstripe I'll go over it in black or brown.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[​IMG]

4. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I don't have any pics, but I saw a truck at the fair yesterday that had a camo job done with leaves. Kind of like the jackets you order from Sportsman's Guide or Cabela's. Looked bad ass.

5. Dandwg

Dandwg 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Not camo but Olive Drab green. I'm planning on letting the camo grow in naturally. Everytime I get a rock scrape or branch pinstripe I'll go over it in black or brown.

[/ QUOTE ]
    That is the best idea I have ever heard I think. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    Thanks for getting me out of a down mood! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Home Depot. Kaki. Hides the mud.
    [​IMG]

7. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

This my 79 back when it only had 35's on it and was still 1/2 ton in the front with a 14ff in the rear. It was painted white and gray with black accents in a flat primer. It hid the rust and dents perfectly you never noticed how beat up it was until you got right up to it. It also stood out in a crowd and everyone still remembers it even 3 years after I got rid of it. Was very easy to paint and touch up just kept the white and gray evenly spaced and used the black only as an accent so it wouldn't look like a cow.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/98618/3camo.jpeg

8. PJTPW

PJTPW 1/2 ton status

9. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

Dang it, Grim, my truck's the exact same color--Krylon Ultra Flat Khaki from the Depot. People come up to me all the time and ask "When are ya gonna wash your truck?" and when I tell them its the color of the paint they just look at me funny. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Will

10. Aquaman

Aquaman 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]HELLLL YES! That thing is bad! Leave it just like it is man... awesome! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. lgk5

lgk5 1/2 ton status

12. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

[​IMG] not camo i kno but its all krylon primer grey. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

13. coloradoblazers

coloradoblazers 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Check my sig for links, $20 rattle can job, has held up for 2 years with no major probs. I think I'm going to go for a more low profile black when I get time though. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

14. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Dang it, Grim, my truck's the exact same color--Krylon Ultra Flat Khaki from the Depot. People come up to me all the time and ask "When are ya gonna wash your truck?" and when I tell them its the color of the paint they just look at me funny. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Will

[/ QUOTE ]
    LOL People alsways ask me what color I'm going to paint mine because they think it's primer ! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    I 'm actually going to order the real stuff. The problem with the krylon is it is primer and it is porus. Few places that I had sanded through to metal are now showing rust.

15. Toledo

Toledo 1/2 ton status

just put a poly coat on the rest of the truck. lol

16. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Might want to look here:

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Highway/3969/camo.html

They're not photos, but it gives the actualy military patterns and the color codes.

Hope this helps.

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

That is where we got the pattern for this:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

We used Krylon Camo paint and actually printed out a pattern and went by that. It was very fun to paint it!

17. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

18. 77fixer

77fixer 1/2 ton status

Better choice of colors /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.
    Check my signature for pics of mine. I also used a pattern from the CUCV page.