Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need pics of installed sliders (rocker guards)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by racercrazy, Mar 10, 2003.

1. racercrazy

racercrazy 1/2 ton status

I want to make my own sliders but having conflicting ideas about where to attach to the Blazer. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif Dad (tool and Die maker) seems to think if you mount to the back side of the rocker and to the body frame (not the truck frame), that if I get against something that I will bend the body. He doesn’t think that the slider will support the weight of the Blazer. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif In his mind, the slider may not bend, but the Blazer will give somewhere.

So what I would like from you guys is pics of sliders installed and the mounting points.

I would have just bought a set from 4x4 Iron when I replaced the rockers but didn't know that 4x4 Iron had a set and I'm not going to cut out brand new rockers.

You can reply to the post, send me a link, or email the pics to me at madhatter@racercrazy.com.

Any help would be great. Thanks Guys, this site rocks. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. crwln73

crwln73 1/2 ton status

Re: Need pics of installed sliders

Heres a pic of Frizzlefries.His are under the rockers tubed to the frame.They hold the weight pretty well.They have bent a little,but nothing major.Oh yeah there made of sch.40 black pipe.I think 1 1/2"
    [​IMG]

Heres a pic of mine,but I cut away the rockers.There built from 2x3x2.50 and 1.75x.120;

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. racercrazy

Does anyone have pics from under the truck? Any more pics? Anyone? Bueller?

Truck looks great crwln73! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Love the bed work.

4. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

Check out Steve's reveiw of 4x4 armor sliders it shows how they are attached pretty well
    Just Click Here!

5. racercrazy

I have seen Steve's review on those sliders. I'm asking for different ideas, what has worked and what hasn't. I would like some pics of under some rigs with them installed. Thanks for the link.

6. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

I agree w/ what your dad says. For this reason, I went a little over the top and totally removed the rocker and replaced it with 2x6" tube and braced it down to the frame. Drawbacks are that you can't run doors.... or you gotta make custom ones. But it gives you a bullet proof rocker skid! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

See link to pics below...

http://community.webshots.com/album/58239858ijCQen

Marv