Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need pics of snap placement on windshield

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Yukon Jack, Jun 22, 2004.

1. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

I need to get a few pics showing placement and number of snaps that are used by the various companies that make snap soft tops. One of the guys who bought a bikini top wants to see how many snaps should be used and where they should be placed on the windshield frame.

2. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I'm thinking the snaps should be 4" apart on the full snap tops...
    Burt4x4 has the full snap top...

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Yup I have one, i would guess about 20 snaps up top. I would guess there is no standard location for the snaps. THe way Kayline had you install the top was to drill the holes one at a time in a cross pattern. Each snap hole is as unique as the next.
    Hope this helps
    Burt

4. k5kev

k5kev Registered Member

I've got a Bestop snap top and also need to order a bikini. Maybe Since I'm close to TONYP I could hook up with him and/or his guy and he could measure my rig for a new top and get the Bestop pattern at the same time.

Bestop includes a paper pattern for the windshield snaps so all Bestop people should be the same. I've also got a stock rollbar so this setup could be pretty common.

Let me know /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

5. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

sounds like a plan, I'm in fountain valley and Billy (top guy) is right down the street form me...