Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need pics of trucks running the Echobit flip

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MudFrog, Feb 24, 2005.

1. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Preferrably on semi level ground, echobit in rear with stock spring and 6" spring up front, or echobit in rear with 4" spring and 1" zero rate in front.

I'm trying to debate adding a 1" up front or just ordering a set of new springs.

I currently have 4" front, echobit flip in rear and I measure 25.75" from the ground to the bottom of the front bumper, and 32" from ground to bottom of the rear bumper.

Oh yea.. bumper measurements would be nice too (stock bumpers).

Scott

2. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Cant help you too much there. I have what were supposedly 4" springs (theyve added about 4.5" and havent changed over... well... 2 years), and an echobit rear. With this combo, the rear was basically just about level with the front, maybe a tad bit taller when the truck was unloaded. But as soon as I added any of the offroad/travel gear, the rear squated down.

I added a 1" spacer and moved the axle back as well with it (from Azkickin). I didnt add it for looks, or clearance, it was acutally to give more travel for my slip yolk CV axle. (using it for the repositioning rather than the height). THe truck looks like it is a bit high in the ass, but thats only empty. Add in all the offroad gear and supplies, and it sits level.

Just so you know my springs in the front arent normal- I cleared 35x12.5 on 12.5" wide rims and without the sway bar connected, and got only one corner to ever rub.

Oh yeha, back to your springs- Should you order new springs? Well, if you can get some sofer ones, that would be da bomb. The rear is now so soft and flexy, generally lift springs for the front are pretty stiff.

3. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

That is a pic of mine w/ an Echobit flip, 57's mounted backwards, and 4" springs on the front.

4. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

Another one of the rear shackel

5. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]
    4 inch front on 35s and I love its stance

6. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Bhintz, what do your bumpers measure?

7. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Maybe this is too obvious, but what about taking a highlift jack and using it to raise your front end by 1" (based on a current bumper or fenderwell measurement)????

Stand back and see if it "looks" right with the extra inch...that will tell you if the zero-rate will solve your problem or not. :thinking:

8. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Greg.. thats too easy.. :doah:

Life has to be difficult, I can't take the easy way out. :D

Thanks for the idea though :thumb:

9. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

Ok, here are some pics, although I don't think it looks real bad in the pics, looks a lot worse in person. The front bumper measures 25.75" to the ground and the rear measures 32" to the ground. Quite a difference.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

BTW.. I'm not sure why Photo Bucket Squished the pictures together.. I'll upload them to my website when I get a chance.

11. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I don't think it is as bad as you think. Try measuring to the body line not the bumpers. I bet you will find the rear is about 1-2" higher than the front. I like it when they sit higher inthe rear than the front.