Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need pics of your fuel cell mounting in K5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big pappa b, Mar 19, 2005.

1. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I have 3 ways I can nount this thing. The easiest way is sitting on top the frame with about 6" above the rear bed floor. This will save me from having to have a tank skid plate. The other mounting will require me to cut one of the frame braces so I can mount the tamk flush in the floor but then I would need a tank skid plate.
    The 3rd way is not cutting the floor at all and mounting it above/on the floor. I need some ideas.
    HELP!

2. big pappa b

Nobody has a fuel cell? I guess all the fuel cell guys are at Moab this week

3. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Either that or it's ignore Big pappa week:grin: You are probably right Brian, usually only the hard core run fuel cells and they are all at Moab......Damn wish I could have been there.

4. stallion85

5. big pappa b

Hey, you're kinda helpful for a lil guy ;)

That way would be the easiest plus I wouldn't have to use a skid plate. Just takes up a little more room in the bed.

Thanks man

6. stallion85

Thanks Big Guy!:rotfl:

I wouldn't worry about the bed space much anyways. Your k5 is a trailered rig so you can store all your goodies in the Burb! Then pack neccesities for the trail ride in your K5:)

7. gotmud77

gotmud77 1/2 ton status

What do you think about running the fuel cell in the back of a daily driver with a soft top.

Any problem with fumes?

I am thinking that i would probably set the cell so the pick up outlets where below the floor but not below the frame rails. Hopefully some of the other guys will post up with some good and bad tips. This is the way i think i am going to go. I think that it will be a little easyer to deal with the fuel injection.

8. big pappa b

Just gonna mount this on the bed without cutting thru the bed. No skid plate needed. I made some brackets today to mount it. Since the cell has bolts all the way around the top I will attach a bracket just under the op section and then the other end of the bracket gets mounted to the bed. Like this:

[​IMG]

I'll put 2 on each side. I think I have some old inner tube that I can use uder the cell to prevent any rubbing or squeaking. Then I will route the 2 hoses towards the front and then straight down thru the floor with a rubber grommet like Bowtie has done on his. .
    Sounds good on paper anyway. Will see how it works out tomorrow..I hope :D

9. stallion85

Sounds like a good plan Brian. Let's see some progress pic's tomorrow night:)