Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need pics or advice of rear bumper mounted spare tire carrier

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazin72, Aug 24, 2001.

1. blazin72

blazin72 1/2 ton status

I got my front bumper done, looks great just about to get the rear builtwill post some pics if possible or put in the gallery.
    My question is I need to look at some of the spare tire carrrier on some of your rigs to get a idea on how its mounted, and how it works. I have a idea but wanted to look at others.
    Didnt want to get my tailgate into it when down and didnt really want to mount to the frame, or body.
    I know its a 72 but I figured its all the same.
    Thanks

Blazin 72
    1972 K5 350 vortec, 4 inch lift, with nothing else important.

2. blazin72

blazin72 1/2 ton status

I got pics of the front bumper up in the gallery now,
    The back will look the same except it wont have the cut out for the winch plate or the light hole and no prerunner bar.
    I will inset the tag on one side.

Blazin 72
    1972 K5 350 vortec, 4 inch lift, with nothing else important.

3. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Here's a shot of mine. I used two bearings inside some 1 3/4" tubing for my verticle piece. A 1/2" bolt just fits the 1/2" ID of the bearings and it's what mounts the whole assembly to the bumper.
    www.rockstomper.com/catalog/pieces/hinge.htm

Michael[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm>www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm</a>