Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Power Steering Bracket... 79 Blazer 350

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by Charger1973, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Charger1973

Charger1973 Registered Member

I lost power steering the other day while pulling people out that were stuck in the snow and when I looked under the hood this is what I found... I have never seen this happen before, what causes this??
    :confused:

Anyway I need a new bracket, so if anyone can help me out let me know.

Email me direct at charger1973@hotmail.com Thanks!

022607 010.jpg

2. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

I got one from a 75 thats still on the pump.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i dont know if you or prev owner did it. but it needs some attention to the drive system. the motor has wrong pullys and brackets. it should not have spacers in the broken position and the lower position by the h20 pump. there is a mix match of stuff. those alowed the pump to flex to much on the brackets and it cracked the ear off. and possible the upper bolt/stud was loose by the upper h20 pump spot. it looks like it was flex/swinging on that spot for a bit.

thats what it looks like to me.

i bet you set it up flush like it should be the outer grove of the 2 grove pully on the p/s pump will line up corectly. thay spaced it to hit the inner grove.

4. Charger1973

Cool, that actually sounds easier than changing the bracket... A friend said he may have one on a parts truck, so I want to check that out first but I will know if I still need one as soon as this snow lets up.

5. Charger1973

You know, that could be it. Theres alot of things that were "rigged" on the truck before I got it. I'll let you know what I figure out.