Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need PS pump, Tie Rod, and 33" or 35" used tires for '77 K5

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by 350350, Jun 9, 2004.

1. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

Need PS pump, Tie Rod, and 33\" or 35\" used tires for \'77 K5

I just blew my entire years' budget on my Camaro, and then realized the Family Truckster (Chevy G20 Conversion Van) needed all new brakes and tires, so that eats up my entire stash of car money...

So my hopes of any mods for the K5, barring money falling from the heavens, or a rich relative passing, etc., are pretty low for this summer.

Therefore, I need the following, and remember my favorite brand is CHEAP. My middle name is CHEAP. I spent way too much money on the Camaro, and of course I can't skimp on the Van that carries my Little Miracles around, so think CHEAP!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Power Steering Pump. I have a 350 engine with power steering and nothing else. Besides the alternator of course. Mine is leaking out the front shaft seal. About a half-pint a day. My Boss is really impressed with the Environmental Hazzard I've created in the parking lot.

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Tie Rod. Ever since the 'Attica Incident' in Indiana, I've been extremely 'Toed In'... Since my tires were 'Done' anyway and I was planning to rebuild the front end and get new Tires (sorry, the Boy wants me to put this -> /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif <- and -> /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif <- smilie in really bad...), I just let it eat what was left of my 33's. So now I just need a tie rod that will get it back somewhere close to 'straight' so I can put some used tires on it to get me by another year...

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif OK, forgive the random smilies... The boy is interjecting them now... /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif I need a set of 33's or 35's that still have 'Street Tread' left on them... Meaning too bald for the trails but plenty to drive on the street and in the snow. I doubt I'll get more than one or two day trips to the trails in this summer, so these might even be tires that you were considering tossing. Something like a 1/4" or less tread Mud Tires or All Terrains...

I'm in Virginia and could use a roadtrip so if you have any or all I'd be glad to try to get to your place. Otherwise I can try to /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif arrange shipping. I'm sure /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif shipping on 4 35" tires isn't cheap, but might still be the best I can do before my left front timebomb goes off...

I have a few things I could trade, if interested:

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Rusty old exhaust system off a Camaro.

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Badly Warped brake rotors off a G20 Van.

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Spare tire and wheel for a G20 Van.

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Very nice gas grill. Not sure what brand or details, but will run over to the neighbor's patio after he goes to bed tonight and get more info.

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Big Black Snake that lives in our front lawn. Eats lots of mice, doesn't mind being handled. Kid friendly. About 5' long. Answers to the name "Snake."

GodSpeed.

Paul 'X' /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Re: Need PS pump, Tie Rod, and 33\" or 35\" used tires for \'77 K5

I've got your ps pump minus braket. I know 3 decent 35" mud rovers maybe the 4th, my cousin totaled his truck and when we rebuilt put new rims and tires on it. One rolled off of the rim in the wreck<---(not sure about) and another has a plug in the sidewall but he never had anyproblems. Pm with what you can spend and I'll try to work something out with him. 3 of the tires are sitting behind my shop. Been there for about 1 1/2 I want them gone. I'm in SC about an hour from I77 or I95. Sorry no tie rod just straightend mine this past weekend but wait my cousin still has the front end off of the wreck. I'll check it. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. trikstark5

trikstark5 1/2 ton status

I have a set of 35" Mud King tires with at least another year left on them that I just took of my '88 Blazer. Also have a 10-bolt front axle assembly with warn hubs on it. Tires are mounted on 6-lug, 15x8" rims with center caps. I live in Philly. If you are interested, PM me..... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Well, I can sorta help with the leaky seal on the power steering pump. You can buy seal kits pretty cheap. And if you have (or can beg, borrow, or steal) a power steering pulley removal/installation tool, then you can reseal the pump in about 30 minutes. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I had one on my K5 that leaked out ALL the fluid in the resevoir every day when I first bought it. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    And if you have (or can beg, borrow, or steal) a power steering pulley removal/installation tool, then you can reseal the pump in about 30 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Autozone still has free tool rentals and a p/s pump pulley removal tool is one of them I think /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I have a tie rod and ends from an unknown year front 10 bolt you could have for the cost of shipping but coming from the left coast might get spendy since it is a solid tie rod not the tubing type.

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i have a tie rod for dana 44's before the 80s, i canmeasure the lengt,h its nice and straight,

and i threw awya all my 70s van p/s pumps, wish i had known anyone might haveneeded one anytime

doh..

good luck
    r

8. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

Wow!

I didn't expect so many responses so fast!

I won't be able to buy until the end of the month, I get paid once a month. I'll go ahead and try to contact everyone though and see what we can work out.

Thanks for the Quick Responses Everyone!

Paul 'X' /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

9. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I've got your ps pump minus braket. I know 3 decent 35" mud rovers maybe the 4th, my cousin totaled his truck and when we rebuilt put new rims and tires on it. One rolled off of the rim in the wreck<---(not sure about) and another has a plug in the sidewall but he never had anyproblems. Pm with what you can spend and I'll try to work something out with him. 3 of the tires are sitting behind my shop. Been there for about 1 1/2 I want them gone. I'm in SC about an hour from I77 or I95. Sorry no tie rod just straightend mine this past weekend but wait my cousin still has the front end off of the wreck. I'll check it. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

PM'd You! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have a set of 35" Mud King tires with at least another year left on them that I just took of my '88 Blazer. Also have a 10-bolt front axle assembly with warn hubs on it. Tires are mounted on 6-lug, 15x8" rims with center caps. I live in Philly. If you are interested, PM me..... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Whew! A little bit of a roadtrip... Let me check on shipping and I'll PM you...

11. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Well, I can sorta help with the leaky seal on the power steering pump. You can buy seal kits pretty cheap. And if you have (or can beg, borrow, or steal) a power steering pulley removal/installation tool, then you can reseal the pump in about 30 minutes. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I had one on my K5 that leaked out ALL the fluid in the resevoir every day when I first bought it. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow... With all the years that I had junk cars, motors, engines, rear ends, and general piles of miscellaneous spare parts, I never once repaired a power steering pump. I always just grabbed one from the pile. It never occurred to me that they might be repairable... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

I could give it a try...

Haven't seen you in a while Harry!

12. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have a tie rod and ends from an unknown year front 10 bolt you could have for the cost of shipping but coming from the left coast might get spendy since it is a solid tie rod not the tubing type.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll check on shipping... I can get the weight off Autozone's web site or similar... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i have a tie rod for dana 44's before the 80s, i canmeasure the lengt,h its nice and straight,

and i threw awya all my 70s van p/s pumps, wish i had known anyone might haveneeded one anytime

doh..

good luck
    r

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a 10-bolt front... Is the tie rod the same as the dana 44 fronts???

How are things back in Indiana???