Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need puter help

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by POWERMAD, Sep 23, 2006.

1. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

For whatever reason I can't click & paste.
    Addy's, text, nothing. When I right click it has the copy option that I click on, but when I right click to paste, paste is not even on the menu.
    This just happened.
    If it matters I also cannot just hit the home or end key to get to the top or bottom of a page without using the control key at the same time.
    I just noticed this tonight.
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. Roland_Jenkins

Roland_Jenkins Registered Member

Can you still C&P by highlighting the text / url and then press ctrl + c to copy
    press ctrl + v to paste or is this option also unavailable?

3. SkysTheLimit

SkysTheLimit 1/2 ton status

Make sure scroll lock isn't on and make sure you don't have stickykeys or something enabled.

all else, fails, reboot! :)

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I've seen this before, but can't remember what it was. I think in the end, I wiped and rebuilt the machine, it was either a trojan/virus or a problem with anti-virus. If you're running Norton Anti-virus, that might be it, the problem could have come from an update.
    There may also be something with your context menu (the right click menu). If you installed any software recently that added something to that menu (like winzip or winrar), it may be corrupt, and the machine is actually searching for the stuff it needs to display that menu.
    Try right-clicking something and walk away, letting it sit for a few minutes, without clicking anything else. If you have a context menu (right-click menu) when you come back, then something is wrong with the context menu. If you right click and then hit a key or left click something, it cancels the pending right-click request, that's why you need to right-click then wait.

Also make sure your ctrl/shift keys aren't stuck down, like said above about the sticky keys. Tap each a few times to make sure they're free.

5. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Ok when I highlight something and right click a menu comes up that has copy but not paste.
    I just tried it and copied the text and hit ctrl+v and it pasted.
    Same for the END HOME feature.
    What got disabled and how do I get it to go back to the way it was?
    Thanx