Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Q-jet help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jfaulk, Apr 23, 2007.

1. jfaulk

jfaulk Registered Member

Long story short, put a rebuilt q-jet on my blazer. Ran good. Parked it for a few weeks and now I can't get it started. Any Suggestions? I am in the hurt locker because I am shipping it from AK to FL tomorrow and it has to be running to ship it. Thanks

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Does it run if you pour gas into the float bowl and try starting it? Got spark?

3. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

If your truck won't even start, you are missing either fuel or spark.

Take off the air cleaner and look down the throat of the carb (you may have to hold the choke butterfly open). Manually open the throttle. You should see fuel squirt through the carb. If you don't, something is wrong in the fuel system. If you do, something is wrong in the ignition system.

4. robert97dodge

robert97dodge 1/2 ton status

Mine is doing the same thing. I rebuilt the carb last week and now to get it started for the first time of the day I have to spray starter fluid in the air cleaner. Also we went wheelin this weekend and whenever I would get on a hill to steep the carb would shut off and to get it to restart I would have to use the starting fluid.