Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need quick brake help!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Paxx, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

I posted this in the 73-91 forum but haven't gotten any replies yet and I need an answer quick. Sorry for the double post.

I think that my M/C has gone in my truck first I would like to confirm that this is the problem.
    I started to find that every once in a while the pedal would sink to the floor b4 I'd stop. It has steadily gotten worse since then and now even after I pump the pedal to restore pressure if I hold the pedal down it will gradually lose pressure until the pedal hits the floor.
    Is this the M/C?
    If so do I just replace it with another one? Or is there an upgrade I can replace it with? And is this a part that I should replace with a new part only or is used fine?

I need to make sure that this is all I need to pick up as the pick a part is over an hour from my house.
    Thanks in advance. ~Max

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I replied in your other post, but will do so again here. I'm having the same problem in my burb, but I was thinking the problem was the brake booster. Any other help from anyone else???

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

if pedal goes ot floor then you either have hole in line or bad m/c go to parts store and buy new m/c for the year and model your truck is
    dont use a used one, that would be dumb, as soon as you bench bleed a used m/c it iwl ruin the seals inside due to rust in the bores where seals have not traveled over in a long time

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    if pedal goes to floor then you either have hole in line or bad m/c go to parts store and buy new m/c for the year and model your truck is
    dont use a used one, that would be dumb, as soon as you bench bleed a used m/c it will ruin the seals inside due to rust in the bores where seals have not traveled over in a long time

there is no upgrade, a stock replacement will be more than adequate

[/ QUOTE ]