Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need quick input on a hydro clutch

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MEPR, Dec 19, 2003.

1. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Alrighty, i got a call from my brother this morning explaining why his toyota was parked out front and the car was gone. I just talked to him and heres what his toyota is doing (its a hydrolic clutch). When he pushes in the clutch sometimes it will dead pedal and the clutch wont disengage making it hard to shift and if he comes to a complete stop it will stall the motor. Its only after the motor has warmed up though. I was thinking ill first check the fluid and if its dry well see if that fixes it. My other thought was it sounds like what happens to a brake system if theres an air buble in it. I am kinda running along the right track here? If adding fluid dosnt fix it we were going to bleed the clutch system and put in new fluid. Anyone elese have anyother possibles? Thanks for putting up whith my non chev question lately /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Start by throughly bleeding it.

3. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Alrighty thanks. Is there any way to test the cylinders(master and slave)?

4. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

fill and bleed the hydraulic lines. you should get apedal back. to save some time, look over all the cylinders and lines to see if there are any leaks. if you dont see anything try this.
    with the truck stopped, set the parking brake, push the clutch in, and try to put it into gear. if it goes into gear, stay with your foot on the clutch and still in gear. if the hydraulic system is bad, it will in a short time let the clutch engage and try to move the vechicle, even though your foot is still on the clutch. this can be caused by slave cylinder, hydraulic lines.... you should be able to tell what is letting the fluid leak out of the system by the puddle now present in the driveway