Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need quick pricing info...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Jun 16, 2004.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

What would you guys say is a good price for the following:

'93 9C1 Chevy 350, under 100K miles, strong running when pulled from wrecked police car.

'91 9C1 Chevy 350, mileage unknown, strong running when pulled from wrecked police car. I pulled the pan off this one and there's a light film of oxidation in the cylinders. It still turns over smooth, and I think the cylinders would be fine with a couple squirts of juice before starting.

Both have sat for minimum 1 year. Engines are complete up and most of above the intake, but the TBI's are gone.

I picked these up to build up for the K5 and to have as spares, but now I know someone that needs a 350, and I need cash, so I'm considering hocking these puppy's.

When I picked them up, the value's were about $600 for the '93, $500 for the '91. Compared to over $1500 for an incomplete crate, I thought that was pretty decent for corporate/police-maintained drop-in motors.

Should I ask the same? $600 would work miracles on us right now...

2. lason

lason 1/2 ton status

Is the '93 a LT1? I dont see a high miles motor selling for near that much. I usually pay about $150-250 for a high miles longblock. Actually I believe the '93 would have to be a LT1 considering it came out of a caprice which switched over to LT1's the same time the camaro/firebirds did, which was '93.

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Nope, definately not an LT1. I looked up the casting numbers at one point, there's nothing special about it really.
    I didn't think the 9C1's had LT1's til 94 or 95, though. Mebbe I'm wrong, I didn't become a fan of them til a year or so ago.

BTW, I wanna know where you shop!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

If the buyer thinks $600 is a good price then it is /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif heck if you could convince the buyer that $5000 was a good price then... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

I'd call around a few local wrecking yards to see what they charge then charge just enough that you are giving the buyer a good enough reason to buy from you over the wrecking yards.

5. lason

lason 1/2 ton status

Finding a roller small block isnt that hard as long as you arent in a hurry. I see them in the classifieds and on ebay all the time.

heres an example that has about 3 days left on it on ebay but I dont see it going over $150. The only thing about this motor is that I think it may not be a 350 because unless Im mistaken camaros/firebirds didnt come with 350's till '89 or '90 and were mostly 305's. Iroc Motor

**EDIT** O and your correct on the LT1 thing. I just found a '93 Caprice on ebay and it didnt have a LT1, I guess they switched in '94, that is the year my buddy had.